Connecting Yamaha PSR-500 to computer

Reaction score
I have a Yamaha PSR-500 and wanna connect it to my computer via my audio interface.

I bought 2 midi cables and connected them this way: Yamaha Out - Interface In ; Yamah In - Interface Out

The problem is, when I press keys not all of them are actually perceived by my daw, and there's also some latency.

Are there any settings I can do on the actual yamaha to optimize it better? I see there are some functions like MIDI clock recieve, MIDI channel but they are poorly explained on the manual.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If it's working at all, that's a good sign.

Am I correct that you're connecting the keyboard directly to the MIDI ports of an audio interface, such that the audio interface is doing the conversion from MIDI to USB? What type of interface is it? Is there a USB-MIDI driver available for the interface, or does it work with your computer's built-in drivers?

A certain amount of latency is going to be unavoidable, although USB-MIDI and audio drivers can help reduce the latency if you're using something like ASIO.

Ask a Question