Connecting YPG-535 and MO6

Reaction score
Connecting YPG-535 and MO6????

So I'm abviously a newbie. I have been playing a YPG-535 in my metal band for several years. I love the action and the sounds. My husband recently gave me a MO6 for my birthday (what a sweetheart:eek:). Any way, he purchased the MO6 because I want to start using more synth sounds/patterns/sequencing/etc...

I love the feel/action on my YPG-535 but also love the possibilities of using the MO6 live as well. I can't seem to find a way to connect these to boards together and utilize only one external sound source. The problem is, I'm used to using midi cables to connect boards but the YPG-535 does not have midi ports (just USB to device/to host).

Is there any way to connect the two boards so I only have one going to an external amp but still be able to ultilize the different settings on each board? I usually plug in direct at live shows. Can I use a small mixer just for the keyboards and then plug that in to the main board?

Sorry, I'm not very tech savy....yet

Reaction score
Since I didn't get any responses I tried something last night. I just took my little 4 channel mixer and connected both keyboards to it and then just took the output to my amp. What do ya know....it worked :p.

I still wish I could find a way to connect the boards to each other :confused:. Oh well, at least now I know I can use both boards live and still only have to connect one line to the main.

Reaction score
try and connect them to the midi in and outs AND thru and you can most likely get a midi cable that also has usb m audio makes one im sure.

but try to program your MAIN synth (you must choose a main) so conduct program changes to the not main one.

that should work

i do that with my triton and karma

if one of your boards has a digital audio in plug the secondary synth to that slot and it might be like plugging an ipod into it to jam with yourself

just sum ideas :)

Reaction score
Thanks Rob.

I have a MIDI Sport UNO but I can't seem to access the YPG-535 using the MO6 as the controller. I'm not realy sure what I'm doing wrong yet. For now, I'm just going to use my small mixer so I can make adjustments and then just send the small mixer output to the main.

My primary instruments were woodwinds so I realy only played acoustic piano's up until a couple years ago. Even the keyboard I've been playing for the last few years is still mainly a digital grand. It's going to take a learning curve for me to get all this MIDI stuff down to an art. :eek:

Thanks for your tips!!!! :D

Ask a Question