converted wav file

Reaction score
i convertad mp3 song file to wav file.but not play usb audio.my keyboard YAMAHA PSR E 463

Reaction score
Welcome.

Please advise which software and output options you used to convert the MP3?

With many of the available audio software apps there are multiple output options for a specific format and in the case of WAV the file has to be of the form that Yamaha requires, so you have probably found that the file plays OK on your computer this is because the software to decode the WAV is on your Computer but as you find the E463 does not have the same decoder installed.

Reaction score
44.1khz and 16 bit reqments for keyboard.i do online converted.i selected that reqment but keybord disply FILE ERR.

Reaction score
I suspect the online convertor is the probable source of the error.

Google search Audacity, which is a free audio software for recording and file converting.

Download and install it and then use it to convert the MP3 file to WAV format.

Then try this file in your keyboard.

I have been using this software for nearly twenty years.

Come back to us with details of your results

Reaction score
On your Android phone/tablet, go to the Googleplay Store and search the Apps for MP3 to WAV converter. There are quite a few that look promising, but avoid the ones that just say MP3 converter. Most of those are just one-way WAV to MP3 only converters.

How are you porting your converted file to the PSR-E463? That could also be a problem, if it is damaging the converted file. All of my Android and iPad devices make porting files to the external (real) world rather difficult, and if not done properly, can cause any number of problems.

BUT . . . . If you are trying to connect your Android device directly to the PSR-E463's TO HOST USB port through some type of Android 2GO adapter, then that is most likely your problem. I am not sure the PSR-E463's operating system would understand the protocol of that connection. When the PSR-E463's manual describes connecting to a "Smart" device, it is made quite obvious that such device is an Apple (iPad/iPhone) device. Because of Apple's rigid design specs, it is rather easy for other manufacturers to design equipment to be compatible with Apple's. By its very nature, the Android world has yet to embrace the type of standardization necessary to ensure this type of compatibility. Yes! There are power users who can make these connections work, but that knowledge and expertise has yet to work its way into the commercially available market.

Last edited:
Reaction score
i get audiocity 2.3.3 app but not instal windows 10 why

Attachments

• 20191223_215537.jpg
    20191223_215537.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 168
Reaction score
I installed Audacity a couple of months ago on a new Windows 10 install.

It should install OK but may require turning off anti viral software or carefully reading pop up screens during the install to ensure correct selection of options.

In other words I would try it again.

Reaction score
i downloaded audiocity old version.it woking good.i converted mp3 file.
its play keyboard

thanx every one and happy XMAS

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
A belated welcome to the forums, @dhammika! I'm glad everyone could help you get your problem sorted out. Merry Christmas!

Ask a Question