Corrupt back up file in Korg PA 600

Reaction score
I am unable to update from OS 2014 to 2018, When I try to update it says error due to corrupt back up file.
Of late when I use the internal record feature, As I play and record, it starts repeating like a loop after 2 bars of playing.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Try a factory reset first. Then try again with a freshly downloaded firmware update file.

If you are doing this with an SDcard then buy and format a fresh one for the job.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
The most up to date OS is version 2.2.

Before you try a reset I suggest:-

Format a new SD card in your Pa

Backup your OS

Create a Save All file

Download OS 2 extract the file and Read The Instructions, then follow them to install

Then download OS 2.2 extract the files Read the Instructions then follow them to install

Check out the Pa to see if all is OK

Load the Save All file to restore your User data.

Korg Pa’s are fussy when updating, the exact process has to be followed

Reaction score
I am unable to update from OS 2014 to 2018, When I try to update it says error due to corrupt back up file.
Of late when I use the internal record feature, As I play and record, it starts repeating like a loop after 2 bars of playing.

Try a factory reset first. Then try again with a freshly downloaded firmware update file.

If you are doing this with an SDcard then buy and format a fresh one for the job.

Gary ;)
Hi Gary, thanks for your quick response, I have tried Factory reset, but the corrupt file prevents factory reset.
Gopu K

Reaction score
I have a pa 600 and its taking ver long to turn on and when it does errors pop up and the screen does not let use the touchscreen and the keys don't work on

Reaction score
Read my response 16 March 2023 and follow the procedures.

Manual page 264 details the Save features and how it creates a .SET file.

Follow instructions precisely especially when reloading User Data, if say you have user loaded sounds if you do not drill down into the Sounds file to your User added files it will overwrite all the Factory Sounds, you have to load individual user added sounds.

On no account select Initialise in the Pa’s Menu system, if you do the keyboard will need to go to a Technician.

Last edited:
Reaction score

Gary ;)
Hi, we tried doing the factory reset. We downloaded the new OS put the usb in and restarted but the keyboard responded with the same error messages. see attached.
thanks for your time we really need to figure this out....

Attachments

• 20240318_002752.jpg
    20240318_002752.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 4

Ask a Question