Could the Roland Bk-9 be a good upgrade?

Reaction score
Hello,

I have an Roland E-86 (1996) that a like a lot but the display is broken, I only can see 50% of it so it is very difficult to control every settings on it.
After some investigation I found that the repair is very expensive compared to some business on 2nd hand devices that I found on some websites, values that start on 400euros for the Bk-5 and 1100 euros for the Bk-9.
I have been seeing some reviews of the Roland Bk series devices, there are a lot discussion about the Bk series that is below in several aspects compared to old generations.
I would like to know your opinion if the Roland Bk-9 or eventually the Bk-5 could be a good upgrade from mine E-86.

Thank you very much

Best regards

Luís

Reaction score
I have a Roland BK9, which I bought in May/June this year. I upgraded from a Yamaha PSRS650, and in my opinion, the Roland is absolutely streets ahead of my old Yamaha, its a tremendous keyboard, and im still finding things out about it, and learning what it will do. It is brilliant in my opinion.

Melissa

Ask a Question