Could this allow for BT connected ear buds/phones?

Reaction score
I was thinking maybe a bluetooth transmitter could be plugged into the 3.5mm headphone jack and allow a person to hear with a light headset.

I'm looking at this.

Any reason it wouldn't work?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
There's no reason that shouldn't work with any keyboard or other device with an Audio Out jack.

However, if your keyboard's Audio Out jack is designed for a 6.35mm (1/4") plug, then you'll need to use an adapter-- 3.5mm stereo female to 6.35mm stereo male.

Reaction score
I purchased it with an adapter. However, while it does work, it has a huge delay. So it won't work for me to play/practice, as hearing the note a half second after playing it keeps it from being a viable solution.

I'm going to post a different topic: Anyone successful usint a BT Dongle on DGX-660?

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The latency you've described is a common issue with Bluetooth. I think Bluetooth is most useful for transmitting signals that can be delayed without causing a problem, such as playing back a song recording where it doesn't matter that the sound you're hearing is slightly delayed from the sound that's being fed into the transmitter.

From what I've read online in other posts in this forum, infrared wireless doesn't suffer from the very noticeable latency that Bluetooth usually does, which makes me wonder why Bluetooth is such a predominant standard in the marketplace today.

Ask a Question