Covid injection.

Reaction score
We had our first Covid injection this morning. Arrived to see a queue of about thirty people before us but quickly entered the building, registered and waited all of 1 minute before we were ushered into a consulting room 1 minute later we were both out.

Into the waiting area for 15 minutes as a precaution against any reaction then off home.

We had the Phizer vaccine and just a slight numbness of the injection site results, no other side effects so far.

If in doubt do play it safe and seriously rethink any thoughts you may have about not getting vaccinated.

Attachments

• 6482ED7D-AF1F-4F84-A5C4-FFECA386422A.jpeg
    6482ED7D-AF1F-4F84-A5C4-FFECA386422A.jpeg
    148 KB · Views: 63

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Actually for Canada and over a hundred other countries around the world our biggest problem right now is the EU, UK, USA and others HOARDING vaccines for their own people and restricting exports to the rest of the world. :mad:

Be thankful you got your shot but remember most of the planet is not having your kind of luck right now. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Yes Gary that does seem to be the case.

Our Government have ordered yet another 60M doses of the new third vaccine that has just been approved.

I do not understand it and do not approve of hoarding, there are c65M of us in the UK and if one omits the non takers then 100M doses should be enough for everyone to have the two injections that are required.

The EU is kicking up a storm because they seem to be short of the Astra Zenneca vaccine and they are demanding that AZ send them what they are contracted to provide, AZ says that the Contract states they will... make best efforts to supply.

Meanwhile they have renegaded on the BREXT agreement and stopped Vaccines going to Northern Ireland.

Not to long ago the USA were buying up hundreds of millions of doses.

Right now the UK has one of the highest infection rates in the world.

Just been watching the Prada Cup where Italy thrashed the USA 4 - 0 in the semi final and there were hoards of people watching from onshore and boats with zero thought of social distancing, the Kiwi's isolation protocols seem to have worked and given them time to let others be the Guinea Pigs.

I have Family in four different parts of OZ and for them life is pretty well normal, one of the families have just beeon ona vacation within the same state, yet here we are housebound.

For us it is a 12 week wake until vacinne injection number two then another 3 weeks and then technically we should be in a position to return to a degree of normality.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
OUR government is promising that everyone who wants the vaccine will be vaccinated by the END of September.

Meanwhile they've cancelled all flights to the Caribbean and Mexico, BUT NOT flights to the USA including Florida!!!!

The biggest fear now is three new variants and meanwhile senior citizens are dropping like chordwood in Nursing Homes all across the country.

Trumpism in the USA has cost us our very lives.

WE are SOOOOOOOOOOO SCREWED!!! :mad:

Gary :(

Reaction score
Sucks big time, many of our old folks were discharged from Hospitals and took Covid with them back to the Care Homes.

We are pretty convinced our Government have been aiming for herd immunity, let Covid run its course, the weak die, the NHS is put under total strain but manageable patient numbers.

There is a line in an old movie ..... in confusion there is profit.

No doubt many Politicians and their hangers on have made quite a bit of cash out of the pandemic so far.

Just had a message from our Niece in Perth, they have gone into a five day lockdown because of a Guard at a Covid quarantine centre has contracted the virus. We advised her to stock up on toilet paper on her way home from her shift at the Hospital.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
The Perth security officer allegedly had a second job as an Uber driver. He picked up the virus from the quarantine hotel where he allegedly broke the rules and associated with a contaminated person. God knows where he has spread the virus with his Uber job.
Could be the start of phase 3 :(
The EU has given itself the power to ban shipments of Pfizer vaccine leaving Europe bound for Australia. This means we have to rely on the AZ alternative. Our laboratories here are making 50 million doses of it which could be ready in March. Problem is now they say it may not be effective for over 65's.
Phase 3 pending and no effective vaccines looks like a gloomy start to 2021.
We Aussies were finally getting on top of things.. . 'til now. Living on a knife edge everyday.

3dc

Reaction score
No doubt many Politicians and their hangers on have made quite a bit of cash out of the pandemic so far.
At least most people now see how incompetent, selfish and twisted any government is. That said I think that our is way ahead of yours. Our government paid for useless handkerchief masks actually made from toilet paper 7.000.000 EUR. Top that if you can. :D
BTW EU bureaucracy smirked all year at Serbia for completely inappropriate friendship with Russia and China. These days not so much. I hear that Serbia successful vaccination rate and vaccine stock level is leading in whole EU region.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I think we should rename Covid-19 to "Trump's Disease..."

It was his pettiness and spite that allowed the disease to spread so quickly and his inaction that led us to our current state :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
I know a LOT of people who aren't planning on getting the vaccine. My wife and I will as soon as we can. I heard on the news a couple of days ago that back in the spring of last year, a pharmaceutical manufacturer in Toronto contacted the federal government to find out about subsidies to manufacture a vaccine but they were ignored. Of course they were. We ordered vaccines from China! You know? The country that is holding 2 Canadians in jail? For doing nothing illegal? You know? The country that has a government that basiclly want to take over the world if they can? The country that when it came time to get PPE from them, shipped us damaged products? The country that decided to renege on the vaccine deal and ship us nothing? Why would we ever want to produce it locally?
My wife says that all the people who don't want the vaccine shouldn't have to get it. They should instead just be shipped off to an island and let Darwin do the work. I agree. I'm not blaming Trump for this problem in Canada. I'm flat out pointing the finger at Trudeau. When we first heard about it happening in Wuhan and people here were crying to stop all inbound planes from China, he called us racists. Then his government told us we don't need to wear masks. Our Liberal government has led the way here to make certain that a lot of people die.
Sorry for the rant. I just know without ta doubt that the whole thing globally could have been handled a lot better.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm not blaming Trump for this problem in Canada. I'm flat out pointing the finger at Trudeau.

EXCUSE ME?

When you are fighting an infestation of cockroaches in your apartment and it turns out your next door neighbour is breeding cockroaches for fun and profit, EXACTLY WHO DO YOU BLAME?

That bloated yellow gasbag gave this plague free reign in the western world with zero intervention, while telling everyone in the world to screw each other and not collaborate. :mad:

If the western world is a ship, then like it or not, America is the rudder. And trumps total lack of diplomacy and honor left all the rest of us to drift into the rapids. :mad:

How on earth are you blaming Trudeau when he was handed an impossible situation to deal with from the start? If you wanna see how conservatives handle the pandemic just look at the crisis Kenney has created in Alberta.

Remember, Ottawa only signs the cheques. It's up to the provinces to decide how the money is used.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Dodgers Stadium is forced to close as a covid vaccination site because of the actions of anti vaccination protestors.

The stupidity of some people never ceases to astound me.

Alas stupidity is not consigned to the American people although there are 70,000,000+ stupid ones there, every Country has them.

The unfortunate thing is that they seem to get into positions of power very easily.

We came to the presumption many years ago that society is being dumbed down and that what was once common sense is now not so common.

I fear for the young, the mess that they are going to inherit when their time comes

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Lest we forget, way back at the beginning, Trump was already trashing the WHO and telling people to inject bleach.

Their stupidity knows no bounds.

Thank god he wasn't in power when Ebola first broke out. :p

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Oh I agree that Trump's an idiot. I just think that the borders should have been shut and locked right from the get go. As for being handed an impossible situation. He ignored all the things that he was being told for the first 2 months. If he had done whta he had been advised to instead of waiting, we ourselves wouldn't be in such a bad state. As for the states, yawn. keep them all in their own country. All throughout this debacle we have seen the feds waiting instead of acting. I"m not saying the Conservatives would have been any better. They're not in charge. Borders are a federal issue. Why just back in December we were getting 30,000 people a week coming in. WTF? Why? Who thought this was a good idea? It's not rocket science. It's a pandemic. Why did the Feds not replace all of the PPE that was destroyed in 2017? Sure, I know that these things don't last forever, but come on, man! We don't have enough at first so we buy it from China? And most of it is useless too? That's not a provincial issue. That's on the Federal Liberal's shoulders.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It's soooo easy to be an armchair quarterback after the sh** has hit the fan, but honestly, without the advantage of owning a crystal ball, throughout this pandemic Trudeau has based all of his decisions on experts from all fields, medicine, economics, statisticians, administrators, and tried to keep 35 million Canadians from starting a panic if they just shut down the food, the water, the lights and everything else when this first hit our shores.

And need I remind you that just about every pandemic measure that has passed in parliament this past year had pretty much been unanimously been supported by all the political parties?

Don't forget Trudeau sits in a minority government and needs votes from the opposition to make any bill pass.

Gary ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yes, I do agree with you, my issue though is the snails pace speed at which the bills actually get pushed forward. Well that's just one of many issues that I have with Trudeau. Since the beginning of this epidemic we have watched this pandemic moving forward while our officials dither. It's now quite obvious that I have absolutely no love for the Chinese Communist party but I will give them this. They locked down and kept locked down until they had zero or very close to zero infections. We watched as Italy died. We watched as our numbers climbed. The states did even worse. My first question is, why if country A is doing something that works then why don't we learn from this? We did lock down once our leaders opened their eyes but the death toll was already staggering. And once the numbers seemed to be decreasing, we opened up again. I think we opened up wary too early and I said these to all of my friends at the time. I straight out said, "Now is not the time to back off!". In September it was very obvious to anybody with eyes that the 2nd wave was coming. We should have had a compete ant total lockdown then. And yes hindsight is 20/20. I write a lot of letters to the Toronto Sun Editor. Many get published. Most all said exactly what I just said here and that was back at the end of the summer.
But enough of that. My biggest issue is with our PM and his total lack of understanding about what is going on in pretty much every subject that he gets involved in. Let's go back to 2015 when he was building his cabinet. He hired a lot of women for his cabinet. I think this is a good thing but not fro his reasons. When asked why he had some many women, he replied and I know you remember this, "Because it's 2015!". All his little sycophants gleefully clapped their hands and oohed and aahed! What a stupid response. The correct answer would have been, "Because they are the bast people for the job." Not some politiaclly correct BS that carried no weight. His litany of gaffes, mistakes and false apologies is endless. He said he was putting women forward and then fired 2 of his best. Smooth move, exlax! We can skip SNC Lavalin, we all know he got his hands filthy on that one and I don't have the time nor the space to go on about every stupid thing he's done. I just wonder how the Liberal party actually thought he would be good for the job of country? Ah! Now I remember! He has good hair! Right then. And socks. What is it with him and his socks? He pulled out of the Trans Pacific Trading Agreement right at the last second essentially shafting all those countries who he had told he would work with beforehand. When the Australian Prime Mister tried to ask him WTF, our Justin said, "So what do you think of my socks?" He actually did this! He's an embarrassment. He needs to lead this country out of this disaster as quickly as possible. Granted, he has a minority government but that doesn't mean that if he has a good idea, it will get shot down. He needs to take a long hard look at what's going on and make the correct decision. And yes, I know perfectly well that you just can't please everybody. I also know that it's not his fault that the vaccines are not coming a quickly as they were promised. You can only work with what you have.
It's just too bad that Mulroney killed our pharmaceutical industry way back when.
Maybe it's time Canada got a little more self sufficient.

Hope you stay safe and healthy. I just lost another distant acquaintance yesterday. That makes 10 now due to this virus.
Not a good thing. Maybe that's why I"m so cranky. That and my eyeball surgery. Hurts like hell.

Reaction score
Hahaha!
He called it "THE CHINA VIRUS" . . LOL!
I’ve heard it referred to as Kung flu.
and I agree that Trump ignored the warnings and did nothing. except tell people that when he got it he was fine and the best he ever was. Glad to see his ass out!

my parents got the final dose of the shot and just complained of red soreness at the injection site.

Reaction score
Yes, he definitely screwed that up! Glad for your parents. I have no idea when we'll be getting ours.

Reaction score
I just sincerely hope 10 years from now we don’t see a commercial saying “if you’ve had the Covid vaccine that causes (whatever horrible illness) you’re entitled to compensation.”

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
It still sort of amazes me that we have a once in a century pandemic and everyone is suddenly stunned that we can't mobilize 8 Billion people on the turn of a dime.

The W.H.O. WAS our defense mechanism and it was sabotaged from the very beginning.

America was on the verge of a race war and the only answer in hindsight was to shut down the entire planet.

In a democracy we don't have the luxury of barricading streets and rounding up the infected to an enforced quarantine.

Like it or not, we are nations of Laws, and our governments can only work within that framework.

Borders were PARTIALLY closed to enable food, medicine and supplies to enter the country during the lockdowns. But along with those essentials you get millions of people crossing every day.

Sure, the stupid ones went to Cancun for xmas and ignored all the warnings but democracy cannot fix stupid.

If the gov't had denied them access earlier it would have made your head spin to see how quickly they would lawyer up and sue the government for infringing on their charter rights.

The biggest problem is not who the men in charge are. It's the idiots who vote for them. :p

Covid == Bad

Vaccine == good

Idiots == forever...

Gary ;)

Ask a Question