Cp33 help---no sound

Reaction score
I recently connected my Yamaha CP33 to a friend's laptop and loaded Finale just to play with some of the features. Everything worked just fine until I disconnected it. I plugged my headphones back in, and there was no sound when I tried to play. The metronome worked, the demos worked, but my actually playing it did not. Or let me clarify---as soon as I turned the power on, I had about half a second window to play while the keyboard loaded its settings. The manual says nothing. It's as if my keyboard's settings, once loaded after that half second, says do not play.

Reaction score
Was the CP33 using it's internal sounds, or the internal sounds from the PC (or from Finale's soundset)?

I would check your midi settings, and make sure that your "internal" sounds are not "off". Take a peek at your user's manual (as bad as it is, it can still be of some assistance).

If you're in Master mode, go to your edit list (page 27 of the manual) and make sure that both Zone 1 & 2 are ON (*.04 is the function and * represents either zone 1 or 2, so 1.04 is zone 1, parameter 04).

Also check under the FUNCTION menu and make sure that F7.3 (local control) is turned ON, as if it is OFF it will override ALL other midi zone and internal program assignments.

Worst case, go to the Factory Preset Recall (page 41 of the manual) and execute that.

I'd bet that a midi function is set incorrectly, as that would be the only thing that you've changed when connecting to Finale.

Good luck.

Ray

Ask a Question