CP4 Question

Reaction score
Lately my CP4 boots up to a performance mix I created. I want it to boot up to the acoustic grand piano sound. I obviously did something to cause it to do this, but I have no idea how to change it. I looked through the manual but I didn't find anything about this. I don't want to reset the keyboard to the factory settings because then I'll lose all my performances.

Can anyone out there help me?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Hope you get this sorted. Not sure how many CP4 owners we have on here. It's a stage piano - if none of the crew have weighed in for you by next week (you need to leave it a weekend) you could try the pianoworld forum.

You've a great selection of keyboards listed there. How do you find the PX5s action for piano playing? Do you like is as much as the CP4?

Reaction score
On my Kurzweil the boot up program is controlled via the Master table. When the master table is engaged it takes whatever program you are using and stores it and it becomes the default program. There must be some equivalent "master table" setting on the CP4. Check the manual, it is probably in there. If not, contact Yamaha customer support and they should be able to direct you to the programming fix for this. As an alternative check the web for a Yamaha user group that you can post this question to.

Reaction score
Hope you get this sorted. Not sure how many CP4 owners we have on here. It's a stage piano - if none of the crew have weighed in for you by next week (you need to leave it a weekend) you could try the pianoworld forum.

You've a great selection of keyboards listed there. How do you find the PX5s action for piano playing? Do you like is as much as the CP4?

Thanks for the reply. I'll have to check out the pianoworld forum. What I might do if I can't resolve it through online resources is copy my performances to a USB drive then reset the keyboard to the factory settings. I can copy my performances back to the keyboard.

As far as the PX-5S goes, I like it a lot, but it doesn't compare to the CP4 at all. It's apples and oranges. The CP4 sounds are superb right out of the box. The touch is also amazing. The touch on the Casio is nice but it takes some getting used to. One of the huge benefits of the PX-5S is its ability to modify and create sounds using the hex editor. Also there's a plethora of information, support, and downloadable sounds available from other Casio users online. Another nice thing about the Casio is the weight -- it's only 25 pounds! Right now the CP4 is my gigging keyboard. It's heavier but the sounds are incredible.

Reaction score
On my Kurzweil the boot up program is controlled via the Master table. When the master table is engaged it takes whatever program you are using and stores it and it becomes the default program. There must be some equivalent "master table" setting on the CP4. Check the manual, it is probably in there. If not, contact Yamaha customer support and they should be able to direct you to the programming fix for this. As an alternative check the web for a Yamaha user group that you can post this question to.

Thanks for the reply. I'll check the manual again to see if there's mention of a master file. If not, I guess I'll have to do a system restore.

Ask a Question