Crazed and Confused- An original

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the forum here. I finally decided to post one of my originals (which are exclusively what I play) I've shared a few of them with friends but would appreciate some more neutral feedback.

"One of my "songs of randomness" as I've heard them called. Definitely open to critiques. I've had no formal lessons and yes, I know my technique and technicality could be much improved upon. I don't know much theory at all. Therefore, a lot of my songs are written by ear with a strong emphasis on dynamics and symmetry. I'm curious to see how this will received. I have a few more to put up here as well. Thanks for listening!"

Reaction score
Very nice! The only bit I wasn't keen on were the blocky left hand chords from around 0:45 to 1:20 but to be honest that's probably a personal preference thing. Apart from that I thought it was an excellent composition :)

Reaction score
Thanks everyone. I'm sorry but I've been away from playing and this forum for a while..but I appreciate the feedback and have recently acquired a piano! @Becky I've never taken any lessons and have only been playing for a few years. How do you suggest I get away from those blocky chords? Trust me, I realize I'm doing them. I guess I could arpeggiate them but that would kind of conflict with my style? Any other thoughts? Like I said, I took a break from playing. I wish I used these forums more back then..because they're full of informative people, which is great for people who never had an instructor!

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
I must confess that I missed the original post. I played it now and enjoyed it. It is a classy piece with clever riffs. An exciting tune. I think it could go places with an orchestral backing. . . Well done 10 / 10

Reaction score
I must confess that I missed the original post. I played it now and enjoyed it. It is a classy piece with clever riffs. An exciting tune. I think it could go places with an orchestral backing. . . Well done 10 / 10

Wow. Thank you for the feedback! Anyone happen to have an orchestra they can send my way? ;)

Ask a Question