Creating something like Dakota intro in Ableton / Serum etc

Reaction score
Hi, general question re how doable is it to recreate part of a song using a DAW?

ie Is it reasonable for me to expect to be able to spend a few hours and come out with something like say the Dakota intro (Stereophonics)?

Or is this like asking whether, given the right tools, I could paint the Mona Lisa in 4 hours? ;-)

Thanks for your views :)

Steve

3dc

Reaction score
IMHO any song can be recreated in DAW especially in Ableton Live if you know how to use it properly. If you know music theory, how to play key instruments of the song and you know your DAW workflow than yes it could be done in 4 hours. Otherwise it will take just a bit longer. :)
Also note that your "cover" of this song, even as exceptional producer, can never be the same as the original. You simply can't copy artist voices and instruments 100%.

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums. I listened to that intro, and with no idea of your expertise, I can't begin to give you a reliable answer. I think that if you had to ask, you probably don't have the needed expertise. However, if you don't stretch your abilities and knowledge by trying, you won't develop those skills and expertise. Give it a shot! It isn't that hard. Don aka B3maniac

Ask a Question