Crumar Mojo Organ best speaker solution (No Leslie)

Reaction score
Hi all

I bought a Crumar Mojo Organ. It will only be used to play home and to record music and music videos for personal Hobbies.

I used to play live once but not anymore :)

Now the question is, what to use as speakers because I cannot afford Leslie speakers, not yet, eventually I will complete my setup with real Leslie speakers.

I heard people, my friend is using active monitor speakers, B-Hype 12 but not sure if that will do.

I am looking for a good sound output. Currently I am using Roland KC-80 and something isn't right, can't possibly explain but clarity maybe and the Leslie simulator isn't sound great. Now my friend using that B-Hype speakers monitors, has much better sound than I do with my Roland mono speaker.

The Mojo has right and left connection to connect "like stereo" or a pair of speakers.

I need a simple setup, budget is 400 Euros max atm that is all I can do so considering this limitation I understand that I cannot have a great sound but probably something that sound better than my Roland.

My Roland sounds perfect with my Crumar Seven Fender Rhodes sound is just amazing.

1) What monitor speakers would you advise or what other options? Please let me know brand and model and I will have a look, right now I am confuse.
2) Are out there other brands that built something similar to Leslie that is a lot cheaper?

Regards,

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
A pair of Presonus Eris E5's should do nicely for home use and shouldn't overwhelm your budget.

You can add the Leslie effect by adding a Neo Ventilator.

Gary ;)

Reaction score
+1 on using the Neo Ventilator leslie simullator. It also adds a noticable improvement to the organ tone. Don
I'll get one for sure it is only 6 month I play Organ I always played piano, keyboards and real Fender Rhodes but I am now try to move into Organ music style blues/rock

Reaction score
You asked almost the exact question here and were given an answer.

Not sure why you are starting another topic with basically the same question. Anyway, sounds like you need a leslie simulator and monitor for 400 Euros. Since you indicated that your friends B Hype 12 sounds much better than your Roland you should consider purchasing one. Here is one from Thomann for 200 Euro.

This leaves you 200 Euros; pick up a Lester K Leslie simulator. This will give you a better leslie sim. Cost new is 170 Euros.

Both together are a step up in sound and under your 400 Euro budget.

P.S. Please dont open up a third topic because you didnt get the answers you like.....

Reaction score
Dave, you think the Lester K is noticeably better than the sim in the Mojo? Just from what others have said about both of them, I find that surprising (not having made any such comparison myself). I though the Mojo sim was pretty highly regarded, and probably second only to the Vent.

Organ not requiring particularly high fidelity (as you pointed out in the other thread you inked to), I wonder if the best path for the OP to upgrade from what he has would be to go for something that is stereo rather than mono, to better capture the spatial aspect of the rotary effect.

Reaction score
Dave, you think the Lester K is noticeably better than the sim in the Mojo? Just from what others have said about both of them, I find that surprising (not having made any such comparison myself). I though the Mojo sim was pretty highly regarded, and probably second only to the Vent.

Organ not requiring particularly high fidelity (as you pointed out in the other thread you inked to), I wonder if the best path for the OP to upgrade from what he has would be to go for something that is stereo rather than mono, to better capture the spatial aspect of the rotary effect.

Yes Agreed I tested the Mojo with and without the simulator using the NEO Ventilator and without I see no improvements. I am not a top Organ player but it is 15 years I play keyboards in a live band context, especially with Fender Rhodes, the real thing and with Crumar seven lately. The internal Leslie simulator on the Crumar Mojo is one of the best feature of the Mojo itself it was replicated amazingly many musician agree on that.

Now if we compare the Mojo Leslie simulator, with the real Leslie well..of course the real thing is always the real thing.

Here my question was is the studio monitors solution a good solution or a better solution than a mono Keyboard Amp such Roland KC-80?

Thanks

Reaction score
You asked almost the exact question here and were given an answer.

Not sure why you are starting another topic with basically the same question. Anyway, sounds like you need a leslie simulator and monitor for 400 Euros. Since you indicated that your friends B Hype 12 sounds much better than your Roland you should consider purchasing one. Here is one from Thomann for 200 Euro.

This leaves you 200 Euros; pick up a Lester K Leslie simulator. This will give you a better leslie sim. Cost new is 170 Euros.

Both together are a step up in sound and under your 400 Euro budget.

P.S. Please dont open up a third topic because you didnt get the answers you like.....
Hey Dave

Agreed not to open more topics but I was looking for more inputs, since I need to invest some money I want to be sure on some of the best choice options available. I had no more inputs earlier, so I thought let me open another one.

About the Lester I have tested this at the Keymusic shop here in the Netherlands and seen no difference between the Mojo simulator and the external Leslie simulator.

Thanks

Reaction score
Dave, you think the Lester K is noticeably better than the sim in the Mojo?
Honestly, no.... I only brought up that option because the OP wrote this: "... the Leslie simulator isn't sound great.." So thinking that he doesn't like the internal sim I offered up a solution as an alternative that would allow for a different leslie sim and a speaker upgrade as well. The Vent would be out of his price range of 400 Euros when he is also looking to spend money for new keyboard amplification. My combination allows for him to get a different leslie sim as well as a speaker upgrade. However now the OP posts that there is no difference between the internal sim and a Ventilator so I'm left scratching my head as it is now clearer that the leslie sim actually is not a problem. Given that the leslie sim itself is not the issue I would opt to spend the money on a pair of speakers which would allow the sim to be played in Stereo rather than mono. The B-Hype 12 is 200 Euros, so a pair would be 400 euros which is his budget. Stereo on a leslie sim produces a wider stream when the leslie sim is spinning and should sound much better than a single mono speaker.

Note: Due to COVID 19 my gigs this summer were all outdoors and there has been lots of dicey weather, i.e. alot of rain. 4 of my last 5 shows didn't finish because of rain appearing sometime in the middle of the gig, forcing us to scramble. Because of this I've been reluctant to use my mixer and EV PPA, the mixer sits on top of the PPA. I figure if something is going to get damaged because of weather related issues (like rain) I'd rather create the issue with my Peavey KB300 (a low fidelity speaker). I've been running the Gemini (Mojo in a rack) sim through the KB300 so that I don't expose my Neo Vent to rain as well. It sounds really good; good enough that I don't miss the Vent. The horn is not nearly as bright on the KB300 as my PPA and the shrillness doesn't exist in the upper octave of the keyboard. The acoustic piano however sound muddy. EP's also sound good through the KB300 so I've been using alot of Rhodes, Wurli and CP80 rather than the acoustic piano. The amp weighs 81 pounds but sits on wheels. All give and take.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Honestly, no.... I only brought up that option because the OP wrote this: "... the Leslie simulator isn't sound great.." So thinking that he doesn't like the internal sim I offered up a solution as an alternative that would allow for a different leslie sim and a speaker upgrade as well. The Vent would be out of his price range of 400 Euros when he is also looking to spend money for new keyboard amplification. My combination allows for him to get a different leslie sim as well as a speaker upgrade. However now the OP posts that there is no difference between the internal sim and a Ventilator so I'm left scratching my head as it is now clearer that the leslie sim actually is not a problem. Given that the leslie sim itself is not the issue I would opt to spend the money on a pair of speakers which would allow the sim to be played in Stereo rather than mono. The B-Hype 12 is 200 Euros, so a pair would be 400 euros which is his budget. Stereo on a leslie sim produces a wider stream when the leslie sim is spinning and should sound much better than a single mono speaker.

Note: Due to COVID 19 my gigs this summer were all outdoors and there has been lots of dicey weather, i.e. alot of rain. 4 of my last 5 shows didn't finish because of rain appearing sometime in the middle of the gig, forcing us to scramble. Because of this I've been reluctant to use my mixer and EV PPA, the mixer sits on top of the PPA. I figure if something is going to get damaged because of weather related issues (like rain) I'd rather create the issue with my Peavey KB300 (a low fidelity speaker). I've been running the Gemini (Mojo in a rack) sim through the KB300 so that I don't expose my Neo Vent to rain as well. It sounds really good; good enough that I don't miss the Vent. The horn is not nearly as bright on the KB300 as my PPA and the shrillness doesn't exist in the upper octave of the keyboard. The acoustic piano however sound muddy. EP's also sound good through the KB300 so I've been using alot of Rhodes, Wurli and CP80 rather than the acoustic piano. The amp weighs 81 pounds but sits on wheels. All give and take.
Correct but probably i wasn't clear on my statement, i meant the Leslie sound isn't coming out great but out of my Roland Amp.
There is something that is limiting Leslie simulator if you use a mono amp keyboard.

Instead an attached pair of studio monitor seems to be doing much better

Reaction score
I would go with a pair of B-Hype 12's. The leslie will sound fuller than with studio monitors. A tube leslie speaker typically used a 15" to get a fuller sound. A pair of B-Hype 12's will sound much fuller/fatter than studio monitors and will provide the stereo spectrum needed to make the leslie sim sound ...... like a leslie!

Reaction score
I would go with a pair of B-Hype 12's. The leslie will sound fuller than with studio monitors. A tube leslie speaker typically used a 15" to get a fuller sound. A pair of B-Hype 12's will sound much fuller/fatter than studio monitors and will provide the stereo spectrum needed to make the leslie sim sound ...... like a leslie!

Yes I agree on that will go for it actually they told me at the store I can try so Saturday coming i'll go there

Thanks a lot Dave for all the advise I appreciate it

Ask a Question