CTK-519 Drivers for MIDI-USB Connection in MacOS/Windows

Reaction score
Hello everyone. This is my first time posting here, and I hope I have posted in the right place. So, my problem is that I own a CTK-519 piano that needs drivers in my computer in order to use a MIDI-USB connection cable. I have searched through google for the last 12 hours without any luck. I was hoping someone could direct me to the right direction. I am frustrated now. I desperately need the MIDI connection to work for the sake of an app that I am intending to use to practice playing. Any kind of help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks all.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
According to the user's guide, the CTK-519 has MIDI In/Out ports, so you'll need to use a MIDI-to-USB interface (which I gather you've already bought), but you might not need a driver for it. If you do need a driver, it should be the driver that's for the interface itself, not a driver for the CTK-519.

Be warned that a lot of the cheap MIDI-to-USB interfaces are unreliable as far as quality and dependability, so if the interface you bought doesn't seem to work, you might need to buy a different one that isn't as cheap.

As for drivers, they are specific to a particular operating system, so you'll want to look for the correct driver for whichever operating system you're on. Also, if the company that makes the MIDI-to-USB interface doesn't have a web site where you can search for product information and look for drivers, often that can be a warning sign that the interface is of unreliable quality, because any company that makes quality products is likely to have a web site for its products.

If you can find a driver for other operating systems, but not for your operating system, then it might be that your operating system doesn't need a special driver. For instance, if you're using a Mac or an iOS device, you most likely won't need a special driver for the interface, because it should work with the standard drivers that are part of the operating system.

What is the name of the interface you bought? What kind of computer and operating system are you trying to use the CTK-519 with?

EDIT: The title of your thread mentions "MacOS/Windows," so it isn't clear whether you've got a Mac or Windows computer.

Reaction score
Thank you for the response. It sheds great light in a new perspective that I could not see; that I am looking for a driver for the Interface and not for the Piano. I think it is the music-learning app that I am trying to install the interface for that misled me (Playground Sessions) in their troubleshooting suggestions.
Anyway, I bought the Yamaha UX16 - Usb Midi Interface. I am using a Macbook Pro (Early 2011), installed with OS X El Capitan version 10.11.6, as well as Windows 8 as the alternate OS in Bootcamp. So, I have the convenience to use in whichever OS works first, but with a preference for the OS X partition.

Reaction score
According to the user's guide, the CTK-519 has MIDI In/Out ports, so you'll need to use a MIDI-to-USB interface (which I gather you've already bought), but you might not need a driver for it. If you do need a driver, it should be the driver that's for the interface itself, not a driver for the CTK-519.

Be warned that a lot of the cheap MIDI-to-USB interfaces are unreliable as far as quality and dependability, so if the interface you bought doesn't seem to work, you might need to buy a different one that isn't as cheap.

As for drivers, they are specific to a particular operating system, so you'll want to look for the correct driver for whichever operating system you're on. Also, if the company that makes the MIDI-to-USB interface doesn't have a web site where you can search for product information and look for drivers, often that can be a warning sign that the interface is of unreliable quality, because any company that makes quality products is likely to have a web site for its products.

If you can find a driver for other operating systems, but not for your operating system, then it might be that your operating system doesn't need a special driver. For instance, if you're using a Mac or an iOS device, you most likely won't need a special driver for the interface, because it should work with the standard drivers that are part of the operating system.

What is the name of the interface you bought? What kind of computer and operating system are you trying to use the CTK-519 with?

EDIT: The title of your thread mentions "MacOS/Windows," so it isn't clear whether you've got a Mac or Windows computer.
I downloaded the Interface drivers from Yamaha and it finally worked! Thank you so much!!

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I'm glad you got it working. :)

It does seem strange that you needed to download a Yamaha USB-MIDI driver for a Casio keyboard, doesn't it? ;)

Reaction score
I'm glad you got it working. :)

It does seem strange that you needed to download a Yamaha USB-MIDI driver for a Casio keyboard, doesn't it? ;)
Yes it is. At first I was worried that the two companies would not get along, but I was glad when it worked. More like a standard to allow interoperability? I would not tell. Thanks a bunch though!

SeaGtGruff

Reaction score
I know, it's like a sign of the End Times or something. The next thing you know, dogs and cats will be sleeping together...

upload_2017-3-7_23-2-44.png

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/527202700100695247/

Reaction score
Lol! End times huh? haha. Cute pic and an exact caption. Somebody must be behind this as a global agenda of the end times :)

Ask a Question