CTK 6000 OR psr E433 OR psr E423 ?? Confusion, please shade some light!

Reaction score
Hey Everyone my name is Sam. I want to buy a keyboard. Im a very Novice and Basic keyboard player and I have never had a Real keyboard. I have 3 choices of second hand keyboards which are in good condition:
-Casio Ctk 6000 for $170
-Yamaha psr e423 for $180
-Yamaha Psr e433 for $300

I will mainly be playing AFGHAN Music on this which is more like a mix of Arabic and indian.
I am so stuck up on this and cant make my mind ;(
could anyone please shade some light on this confusion? as of to which one is gog to be more suitable for my type of music?
Im not really worried about the price of any of this

Any suggestion is Appreciated
Thanks

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Look around for a Yamaha PSR i455. It's specifically designed for Eastern beats and instruments.

The others are OK instruments but geared toward Western Styles.

Also see if you can knock about 30% off of those prices if you opt for one of those second hand keyboards. They're slightly overpriced for used units of those models.

Those models, used should sell for about 60% of the new retail price.

Then again I'm not familiar with the Afghan market so possibly those are fair for your region.

Gary

Reaction score
Hi Gary thanks for your suggestions. I actually live in Australia and every thing is so rediculously expensive here. I am into western music aswell i might want to play it in the future but it just seems harder to me.
I couldnt find any second hand PSR i455 and the new one is round $550.

Sam

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Ah OK Sam. If the prices you quoted were AUD then I guess they were OK used prices.

As for an i455, if you expect a used one to just drop into your lap think again, but if you keep scanning Craigslist and Ebay on a daily basis one is bound to come up in the next month or two.

An i455 will also play Western styles but I believe it has a few extra beats and Asian tunings built in for the style you said you were interested in.

Gary

Reaction score
I dont think i can even buy i455 cause i just had a look now. There is one and its not even in my city.

Which one would be a more better choice inbetween ctk 6000 and the psr e433??

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
All things considered it's entirely subjective. Some people prefer Casio sounds and others prefer Yamaha. Then it boils down to price.

Listen to the models you are interested in and then make your own decision.

Gary

Ask a Question