CTK 611 rhythms - port to WK 3800 ?

Reaction score
I'm kinda new at this - hoping someone can help me. I have an old CTK 611 and a newer WK 3800. There are several rhythms/accompaniments on the 611 that I'd like to be able to use on the 3800. Is there a way to do this? If so, how?

Thanks.

Reaction score
I'm no expert in these matters, and have only recently been discovering information about all the different file-types and possibilities with Casio's ... But I found they offer their IDES v4.0 software for the WK-3800. http://www.casio-europe.com/euro/emi/cms/ This has a rhythm editor/converter built into it. If I had to tackle a project like that I would start by recording the CTK-611's rhythm into any good MIDI recording software. (On my CTK-5000, there's a MIDI option to set for "Accompaniment Out", making this easy. I don't know if the CTK-611 does this.) Record all the various parts (intro, normal, variations, lead-out). Clean them up for one loop of each, and merge them in the required order. Then load that into their rhythm editor, setting the proper break-points, banks, and tones (see their appended info files on tone parameters, banks voice-numbers, etc.). It's how I'd start. But before that, I'd go through the 503(+?) different downloadable rhythm files I found on Casio's web-sites (see my post https://www.keyboardforums.com/163-free-extra-rhythms-casio-ctk-5000-a-t22540.html ) to see if those rhythm's or ones very similar aren't already available without the steep learning curve of using their rhythm editor.

Another simpler option: let the 611 play the rhythm while you use the 3800. Stack 'em and look like a "pro".:p

Reaction score
Thanks for the pointer to the rhythms on the Euro Casio site. I'm going to work with them before trying anything else. Will let you know how it turns out. Thanks again.

Ask a Question