CTK 631

Reaction score
I would like to show some kids how to use their Casio so I brought it home to get familar with how to get around. I have downloaded the manual and started following it. Ok....

So its in NORMAL mode. I went into SYNTH and scroll thru the various parameters. I experiment with some of the obvious... pItch, release, etc. Nothing changes. I tried both Dco and nothing.

What am I missing?

Reaction score
Chensa

In SYNTH mode, you should be able to hear your changes as you make them, but the Tone Editor only affects the Tone assigned to Mixer Channel 1, so if you are not hearing your changes, go into the Mixer and make sure that you have Channel I selected and turned on and that the Tone you want to edit is assigned to Channel 1.

I am shooting a bit in the dark here. Casio no longer offers a PDF manual for download on its site, and all of the third party manual downloads I can find want to download and install some kind of malware along with the manual, so I am using the manuals for the 671 and 691 from the Casio site. They should be pretty much the same, I just can't quote exact page numbers for you to look up in the 631 manual.

Good luck !

Ask a Question