CTK-7000 Demo

The Y_man

Reaction score
For those interested in knowing what a CTK-7000 sounds like out of the box, I have loaded an SMF and played it back using the GM voivces (no alterations).

The Y-man

p.s. my first ever upload to youtube - hope it works!! :eek:

Reaction score
Could you pls tell me a little about Kristal Studio, which you use for recording the demo? What are the similar programmes, so that I can imagine what it is for?

The Y_man

Reaction score
It is a free DAW (Digital Audio Workstation)

http://www.kreatives.org/kristal/

Sorry, I may have confused you too - these songs from a standard midi file, uplodaded to the CTK, then played back into my computer through a audio to usb converter. I use the Kristal simply to convert the signal to a wav file.

The Y-man

The Y_man

Reaction score
Ok, here's the CTK-7000 with me actually playing it (for seemingly the millionth time to get it right in one hit! Too used to doing multi-part takes :p)

The Y-man

The Y_man

Reaction score
Ok, so a few years down the track, finally sat down and did a multi-track recording with a bit more effects and things. All the sounds are from the CTK using the "symphony" and "mild 8 beat" rhythm files. Audacity used for the recording.

https://soundcloud.com/user848025997/d-659/s-4Mn27

The Y-man

p.s. sorry for the hum noise at the start - I had a dicky lead that I didn't notice until a lot later!

Ask a Question