CTK 7000 to DAW

jay

Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here because I only just bought a CTK7000.
My question:
Is it possible to bring a rhythmpattern/tracks over to your computer in your DAW by midi /usb in a way that you have all rhythm tracks seperated each in your DAW?

thanks
Jay

jay

Reaction score
If it's not the audio, but the MIDI, the apparently there is (accomp out function)....HOWEVER, I am yet to get it to work!

The Y-man
Thanks, yes I mean only the MIDI data, but each played part on a seperate track in f.e. Cubase. Then you could assign other VST sounds to each track if you wish.

Jay

The Y_man

Reaction score
I believe if you simply play the backing thru midi to the midi recording program it will do the trick. It might be my software that's not keeping up - I only got bits and pieces of it... hope you have better success.

The other way I did it which was more successful, was to record an onboard song using just the backing, and saving as a smf onto the SD card. Then took the card over to the PC.

The Y-man

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I had an old Radio Shack Concertmate once that behaved that way. When accompaniment out was enabled I just had to enable recording in cakewalk on MIDI Omni and record all the relevant channels simultaneously. It was ancient hardware and software, circa 1998 but damned if it didn't work.

YMMV

Gary

jay

Reaction score
Thanks guys, I have not the time to experiment with this for the next days, but I will look into that very soon and see what happens.

Jay

jay

Reaction score
A strange thing : my Roland sustain (momentary) pedal works the wrong way around on the CTK7000.It worked just fine on my last little midi keyboard. I tried to swop the ground and plus lead but no effect.
In the manual there is only a very short info about the funktion of the pedaljack.
Any ideas for help?

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Sustain pedals are available in 3 types. Normally Open (NO) Normally Closed (NC) and Universal (Switchable).

Different manufacturers adopt either the NO or the NC as standard for their own line of keyboards.

Casio uses NO as the standard on their keyboards.

Some keyboard manufacturers (My Korg For instance) use a control panel setting to set and allow either type.

Universal pedals, like the M-Audio SP-2 (I own two of them) have a switch that allows either NC or NO operation.

Swapping wires around on the switch accomplishes absolutely nothing as it is simply a SPST switch in series with the keyboard circuit. You'd actually have to change the switch itself to see any difference.

jay

Reaction score
Sustain pedals are available in 3 types. Normally Open (NO) Normally Closed (NC) and Universal (Switchable).

Different manufacturers adopt either the NO or the NC as standard for their own line of keyboards.

Casio uses NO as the standard on their keyboards.

Some keyboard manufacturers (My Korg For instance) use a control panel setting to set and allow either type.

Universal pedals, like the M-Audio SP-2 (I own two of them) have a switch that allows either NC or NO operation.

Swapping wires around on the switch accomplishes absolutely nothing as it is simply a SPST switch in series with the keyboard circuit. You'd actually have to change the switch itself to see any difference.
Thanks, Ik try and open the switch to see if it can be altered.

Jay

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Considering it would cost you at least $5 for a new switch that would permanently alter your pedal, not to mention that you would have to open it up and use a soldering iron and risk damaging the hardware permanently, I think the simpler solution is to just keep the roland pedal intact for your roland keyboard and invest $20 in an SP-2. They really are dirt cheap and built like a brick sh*thouse. Mine is solid enough to use as a lethal weapon.

Actually Amazon has it on sale right now for $15

http://www.amazon.com/M-Audio-US65010-Sustain-Pedal-Keyboards/dp/B00063678K

And typically it sells for about $20.

For $15 I wouldn't bother trying to rewire the Roland. And remember, cheap price for this pedal does not mean cheap quality.

jay

Reaction score
I believe if you simply play the backing thru midi to the midi recording program it will do the trick. It might be my software that's not keeping up - I only got bits and pieces of it... hope you have better success.
The Y-man

How do you send the music presets f.e. through the MIDI out? No luck so far....Only the played instrument at the same time is going to be recorded in m DAW, not the backing.
Is it by the way possible to adjust volume of backing and solo instrument, I find the backing not loud enough.

OKAY-EDIT- : I found it, just change the menu on the Casio to accompany sending out throuhg MIDI.
But indeed , not every part is recorded so it seems.

Jay

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
OKAY-EDIT- : I found it, just change the menu on the Casio to accompany sending out throuhg MIDI.
But indeed , not every part is recorded so it seems.

Jay

You just have to enable recording on all 16 tracks/channels simultaneously on your DAW.

Also there is a MIDI volume control for each and every individual channel on your DAW. Adjust your mix to what sounds good to you.

Congrats on the sustain pedal ;)

Gary

jay

Reaction score
You just have to enable recording on all 16 tracks/channels simultaneously on your DAW.
Also there is a MIDI volume control for each and every individual channel on your DAW. Adjust your mix to what sounds good to you.
Gary

I have recorded on ANY midi channel in Cubase. Now I have to figure out if I can split that one track into a track for each recorded instrument or drum. Cubase has a function called "dissolve part" but that does not the trick.
I would love to be able to send a recorded midi track to a better sounding VST-instrument f.e.

Jay

jay

Reaction score
Succeeded. The musicpreset part is now in Cubase on 1 track, and you can dissolve that into the different instrumental tracks and drumtrack. Only thing still is that the sounds of the backing from the Caiso is not the same, so the midi is not 100% correct. But that is not a big problem to me. Now I can assign much better VST sounds to the parts of the Casio rhythm patterns. Great!

Jay

Ask a Question