CTK-720 Rhythm Bank to MIDI?

Reaction score
Hello there,
Strange question here:

I have a Casio CTK-720. I used mainly this keyboard for the rhythm bank. I select a Rhythm (for example, "02 - Pop1") and I press "Play" and it play the rhythm. Now, since my on/off Switch is on "Fingered" (or "Casio Chords", whatever), when I play a chords, the keyboard play the chords looply and adaptively to the chosen rhythm (for example, if I play a C chord, the keyboard will do a looping melody in Pop with a C chords, and not just plain C E G piano notes).

My question is : is there any possibility to convert this "adaptative chord rhythm" to MIDI? The reason is that I found a software to play a MIDI file with old gaming consoles soundfonts and I want to do simple instrumental by this way.

I tried with Cakewalk, but, my conclusion is that the midi input doesn't record the rhythm and the note which are changed by the Casio Chords/Fingered switch (1st octave + C to F on the 2nd octave).

What give me the clues that it can be possible is that when I go on "MidiView" and I start a rhythm, I see that there is MIDI activity ([Pitch wheel 8192] & [Controller Modulation Wheel (coarse) : 0] on channels 1 to 10).

Thank you in advance and I hope that I was clear!

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I owned an old Casio arranger a long long time ago.

I had to enable Accomp MIDI OUT in the menus and Accomp was on channels 8 thru 15.

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, It don't seem that I have this option in my piano. The options I have for midi are :
- GM Mode (General MIDI);
- Keyboard Channel;
- Navigate Channel;
- Local Control;

Ask a Question