CTK-900 help

Reaction score
Hey guys, I got the CTK-900 for my birthday about 7 months back and I've really fallen in love with it and keyboard in general. I started recording tracks with the song memory feature and now I'm looking to get a bit more serious with it because there's only so much I can do with it.

I'm not looking to buy a better keyboard yet so I'm basically asking for a quick run-down. I'm wondering what accesories I can buy that are compatible with it. The only thing I'm finding is the sustain pedal but is there any universal hardware I can add on to it like mics, pitch benders and what not?

Also:
- What software would you guys reccomend to edit with?
- Using the data expansion system are the only available user tones the one's casio provides or is there a site with fan created tones I can find?
- Do external arpegiators exist or do I have to get software on my computer since the 900 isn't equipped with one? (stupid question probably)
- When I do upgrade what is a good keyboard to goto?
- Last but not least, what are the differences between the 900 and the 5000? Would you consider the 5000 an upgrade or a downgrade?

I just want the most options and ways to customize my music. I'm sorry for the question overhaul, don't feel obligated to answer everything. I'm new to this and I don't really know where to find these answers myself. Thank you.

Ask a Question