Cubase LE 5 MIDI question

Reaction score
I just gotta a MIDI keyboard yesterday for the first time. It works great, it's opened a whole bunch of doors for me, but there is one thing I was wondering.

As a drummer without drum mics, I generally use EZ Drummer, a pretty popular drum VST. Prior to now, I was using Guitar Pro to create the MIDI then I'd import it into Cubase. Now that I have this MIDI keyboard, I can use it as a drum pad. I've tried tracking drums with the keyboard at it woiuld be a much faster efficient and easy way to do it, except I'm not very on-time and some beats are off beat.

Is there a way of "rounding" all the MIDI notes to the nearest beat? Like, if a beat is a tiny bit off, to round it to the nearest 16th note for example? I'm not completely terrible, I'm just slightly off seeing as I'm not a computer :p Any input would be much apreciated!

Also, welcome to me :)

Reaction score
Never mind, after Googling the word "quantizing", I have found my solution...sorry for the stupid question XD But keep this topic open for anyone else who doesn't know!

Ask a Question