Custom keyboard THOCC (ur a first timer too eh?)

Reaction score
i want a really nice and thocky (or poppy sound) for my custom keyboard. i have already bought tealios v2s for the switches, durock smokey for the stabs, and a tofu65 with an alu plate. i think i should i have went with a polycarbonate plate, but tbh i dont think it makes much of a difference. i also bought equalz films (0.18cm thic in size) do you think if i over lube a tiny bit using krytox 205g0 i can get a thocc??

also i will be using the pe mod.

Reaction score
Some tips - hope they help.

1. tealios V2s are more thwacky than thoccy. I’d go V1s assuming you’re not expecting wind shear.

2. krytox lube is good. I never leave home without mine. One runs into a lot of things that need greasing up when out and about.

3. aluminium vs polycarbonate is a debate as old as time itself. The only way to definitely resolve the issue is with a traditional thocc off (imperial rules).

Good luck - look forward to hearing your progress.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Happyrat, you out there?
not-involved.png

Reaction score
Some tips - hope they help.

1. tealios V2s are more thwacky than thoccy. I’d go V1s assuming you’re not expecting wind shear.

2. krytox lube is good. I never leave home without mine. One runs into a lot of things that need greasing up when out and about.

3. aluminium vs polycarbonate is a debate as old as time itself. The only way to definitely resolve the issue is with a traditional thocc off (imperial rules).

Good luck - look forward to hearing your progress.
great thanks :)

Ask a Question