Date and time

Reaction score
Hi my pa 1000 has just developed a problem with the date and time function.
When I turn the keyboard off and then on again the date goes to 2012 and the time to zero, so I reset all and select apply. This is all ok until I switch off, when on next time it has all defaulted back to factory set. Can anyone help please.

Reaction score
My Kurzweil has an internal CR2032 battery. It's sole purpose is to run the internal clock so that when you load and save file data the file can be time-stamped and you have orderly processing of file versions. It keeps the clock 'running' when you turn off the keyboard. My guess is you have a battery onboard somewhere and it needs replacing.

Reaction score
Dave is spot on woth his suggestion.

Look at the rear connector panel and at the far left of the connectors you will see a cover plate that is held in place via a cross headed screw.

Turn the power off at the wall socket before removing the cover plate and then you will see not only the Button Cell battery but a MicroSD card slot.

On my Pa I used the MicroSD to store the Backup and SaveAll files.

Ask a Question