Deleting orphaned threads

Reaction score
I’ve started several threads hoping to engage owners of a particular synth listed on here with no response whatsoever. I guess in an age of Facebook, whining and complaining is more popular so how can these unwanted threads go away? As the creator of the thread it seems like we should be able to delete them ourselves.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I'm not a mod, but I've been around long enough to know that there is no "UNDO" button on the internet.

Unless it's an obvious troll or harassment the mods won't budge on deleting a thread or simply locking it.

Instead of venting about it publicly you should send a private msg to get a thread locked by a mod.

Or better yet, use the "Hey Mods" Button on every message to alert them to use their better judgement.

And if you use the "Unwatch Thread" button you will never see another email alert in your inbox in the foreseeable future.

But bitching in a public forum will get you nowhere.

Gary ;)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
You know, once you get an idea how things work around here and stop trying so hard, you might find we're actually a helpful, friendly bunch.

One thing this place will never become is TwitFace... :)

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Ian or I can delete threads if there's really a need to. But you never know, someone might buy whichever synth or keyboard you had started a thread about and might want to reply to it, so you might as well leave them be? It's up to you. You can PM Ian or myself about any specific threads if you wish.

Reaction score
Do leave them, make more even :) Then just ignore them until something happens.
I for one hope that eventually they'll get responses. I've been reading all these posts with a lot of interest. If anything should happen to my S900 (already hobbling with an external screen) the Medeli could be my next move, I can't see paying for the SX900. I've only ever had Yamaha so it would be traumatic but your posts are a great help, the good and the bad.

Reaction score
Ian or I can delete threads if there's really a need to. But you never know, someone might buy whichever synth or keyboard you had started a thread about and might want to reply to it, so you might as well leave them be? It's up to you. You can PM Ian or myself about any specific threads if you wish.
Hard to believe anyone will benefit from my rambling but thank you for thinking they might.

Reaction score
Do leave them, make more even :) Then just ignore them until something happens.
I for one hope that eventually they'll get responses. I've been reading all these posts with a lot of interest. If anything should happen to my S900 (already hobbling with an external screen) the Medeli could be my next move, I can't see paying for the SX900. I've only ever had Yamaha so it would be traumatic but your posts are a great help, the good and the bad.
I just worry about tying up expensive bandwidth. I hate the idea of taking advantage of the generosity of others. Thank you for your reply.

Ask a Question