DGX-620 to PC/USB as MIDI Controller

Reaction score
Hello folks,

I've been trying to sort this out for ages and have all but given up. I'm trying to use my DGX-620 as a MIDI controller via a USB cable connected to my Windows 10 PC. I initially tried using the disc which came with the keys but no joy, so I went down the 'official driver' route and still no joy. I've tried numerous cables, ports and all sorts. The 'official driver' won't install because it tells me there is no device connected (error 25001), even when it is connected. When I go into the device manager, it appears and disappears repeatedly from the left hand pane, seemingly as though it's repeatedly trying to make a connection.

I'm at a complete loss and hoping I can find the answers I need here.

Thanks folks.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The version of the driver that came on diskette or CD with the keyboard is probably too old for your computer's operating system, so you'll need to use the version of the driver that's compatible with your OS.

What is your computer's OS (Windows, macOS, Linux, etc.?), what is the version number of the OS, and is it a 32-bit or 64-bit OS?

But first you should make sure your USB cable isn't the issue. Make sure you're using a USB 2.x or USB 1.x cable (that is, a USB 3.x cable will not work), and make sure the cable is 3 meters or less in length.

After you've determined the correct version of the driver to install, I'd recommend uninstalling any existing versions of the driver first, assuming your previous attempts installed something.

You might also want to run the Korg USB-MIDI driver uninstaller utility-- even though you aren't using a Korg-- because it will show you all of your USB ports and any MIDI devices currently associated with them. If you use that utility to remove or uninstall any MIDI devices you aren't currently using-- including the Yamaha, since you haven't got it installed properly yet-- it will help clean up your system before you proceed.

Once you've got the right driver and an adequate USB cable, connect everything and turn on your DGX-620. Then, while the keyboard is connected and powered on, go through the driver installation again.

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the reply. My OS is Win 10 Pro 64. The cable isn't the issue, as I've used three and one of those was brand new, they are all less than 3M in length and all USB2.0.

Aside from the Korg uninstaller, I have tried all other suggestions so far. The link here to the Korg uninstaller takes me to a Mac version. As I'm quite clueless here, do you know of a Windows version I can try please?

Thanks again

[EDIT]

I should also mention that in the first instance, I tried simply plugging the DGX-620 in to see if Windows recognised it automatically, but it didn't.

Reaction score
Hi. Apologies for not replying sooner, I've been in very poor health and not able to do much at all. I got Covid, that triggered a chest infection, I had a severe reaction to antibiotics, then my GP messed me about with prescribing others, then it turned into pneumonia and I'm still not better. I might be some time, as I'll have to physically carry the Yamaha back to the other room where the PC setup is and all that. Thank you for your advice though, I'll see what I can do and when.

Ask a Question