Dgx 630

Reaction score
Can you replace dgx 630 yamaha speakers with more powerful ones. If so what make and wattage, ohms etc. Is it easy to do or do I need a technician.

Reaction score
Welcome.

Changing the internal Speakers will not make any difference, it is the amplifier that provide the power to drive the speakers.

A pair of powered speakers or a dedicated Keyboard Amplifier will provide what you seek.

Connect them to the output of your keyboard and you are good to go.

Recomendations will depend upon what budget you have to spend, there are $100 units that do a good job up to a few hundred bucks for a unit that could be used on stage in a smallish hall.

Please advise further.

Reaction score
I would advise that if you can you go to a music instrument store to check out the options.

They are likely to have both options and will probably have a similar keyboard to your to use.

Reaction score
I would advise that if you can you go to a music instrument store to check out the options.

They are likely to have both options and will probably have a similar keyboard to your to use.

Another question for you.
The headphones on my dgx 630 go ok on other devices and were going fine on the piano.
But now for some reason no sound comes out of the right side of the headset
I am thinking I may have altered the settings (so many buttons) by mistake on the piano which may have caused the problem.
The manual does not specify exactly how I may reset.
Everything else goes as it should

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You might want to check the Pan setting on the voices, because it controls the balance between the left and right. A Pan value of 64 is centered, values below 64 are more to the left (0 being furthest to the left), and values over 64 are more to the right (127 being furthest to the right).

EDIT: Also, are you using an adapter to plug headphones with a smaller plug into the larger jack on the keyboard?

Reaction score
Another question for you.
The headphones on my dgx 630 go ok on other devices and were going fine on the piano.
But now for some reason no sound comes out of the right side of the headset
I am thinking I may have altered the settings (so many buttons) by mistake on the piano which may have caused the problem.
The manual does not specify exactly how I may reset.
Everything else goes as it should

You might want to check the Pan setting on the voices, because it controls the balance between the left and right. A Pan value of 64 is centered, values below 64 are more to the left (0 being furthest to the left), and values over 64 are more to the right (127 being furthest to the right).

EDIT: Also, are you using an adapter to plug headphones with a smaller plug into the larger jack on the keyboard?

Reaction score
That worked
Thanks again.
Still trying to get to grips with how to properly set up the assist the split and dual settings.
A bit of trial and error at this stage.
Mostly error.

Ask a Question