DGX-640 Blank Styles

Reaction score
Does anyone know why the Styles from 148 thru to 165 seem to be blank - at least on my keyboard they are.
I have read the manual and unless I missed it I can't find any reason why this should be???
Ideas or suggestions would be appreciated!
Thanks
RCRobman

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
I don't own a DGX but I'd assume they are user slots to save performances or setups or combis or whatever Yamaha calls them.

Reaction score
I don't own a DGX but I'd assume they are user slots to save performances or setups or combis or whatever Yamaha calls them.
Actually these are the styles that you can use for accompaniment to play along with - there are 165 but only the first 147 seem to have something in them despite the fact that the rest all have style names.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Then they are probably empty slots for user created styles. (Though 148 is a weird number for a user bank to start at.)

Reaction score
RC

The DGX-640 Data List shows Styles 148 through 165 as presets all belonging to the "Pianist" category. It appears that, for some reason, yours are missing. Normally these would be some type of left hand piano comping, either alone or with drum and/or bass. You could try a factory reset in an attempt to bring them back, but you would want to back up any data you may have saved before you do that. If that does not work, then you may have bad firmware. Since the Yamaha site does not list any firmware upgrades, I assume the firmware is in non-rewritable ROM, in which case, you could have a DGX with a defective ROM chip that was not completely populated. I hope that is not the case. If you can come up with a DGX style file somewhere (Yamaha Musicsoft site), you could try loading it to one of those style numbers. If the load takes, then you would know that Yamaha intended those locations as trade-offs for User Styles, and yours somehow got deleted or overwritten with empty files. Good luck !

Ask a Question