Dgx 640 no sound at all

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
I have a yamaha dgx 640 and never had a problem.
Today I switched it on, everything seems to be working in terms of Lights, buttons etc but there is no sound at all coming from the speakers.
I tried the reset of switch it on holding the last White key, but no success... Never happenned before... Any help???? Please???
Thanks in advance

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Go into the menu and see whether the Local Control function is set to On or to Off; it needs to be On. If you did a "factory reset" then that should have reset the Local Control setting as well, but that's the only easy fix I can think of.

If that isn't it, you'll need to take it to a shop to be looked at.

Reaction score
Thanks SeaGtGruff, but I went trough that option and tried it with local control On and Off with the same outcome... The strange is what made this happen... May this have something to do with the fact I didnt played for 3 months?

Reaction score
I used to play with headphones a lot, but not lately... Of course I thought of that too... It is exactly what it looks like.. It works perfectly exactly like im Playing with the Phones on... Everything is there in terms of functions, buttons, blinks etc... Just no sound at all... The speakers even make that "click" noise when I switch the keyboard on

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Today I switched it on, everything seems to be working in terms of Lights, buttons etc but there is no sound at all coming from the speakers.
I tried the reset of switch it on holding the last White key, but no success... Never happenned before... Any help???? Please???
Thanks in advance
I know it’s been awhile and your problem is probably solved, but I wanted to write in case someone else has this problem.
I had this issue and followed the direction in the manual and unplugged my headphones. Still no sound. Reset everything, no sound.
Finally after about an hour I looked at the back of the piano and the headphones that came with the piano have a small detachable connection. When you pull the headphones out this may not disconnect. Therefore, the piano won’t make any sound as it believes the headphones are still in place.

Reaction score
The tiny piece causing big issues. Lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.3 KB · Views: 1,873

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Welcome, Duke! Yep, those little adapters can be troublesome if you forget to unplug them. :)

Reaction score
I am having the exact same issue. Keyboard wasn't played for a few months. Powers on fine, speakers make a little "click" noise, but no sound coming out of speakers or headset.

Troubleshooting: I ran the factory reset several times. Local Control = On. Headset converter is not plugged in.

Reaction score
Hello everyone.
Thanks in advance
That happened to me today. Did you end fixing yours?
My email is (e-mail address removed)
Thank you
Roland

Ask a Question