DGX-660 Audio Recording to USB stick cuts off after 18 seconds??

Reaction score
Hi All,
First tech post. I tried searching for this but couldn't find any threads. I've read the manual - page 49 "audio recording to usb" I can get into record mode and actually start a recording...

...but she falls out of record after 18 to 20 seconds? I've followed the procedures with the manual in hand and properly formatted my usb and disabled mic input just to be on safe side as I only need the piano track at this point to share with my collaborator.

I've tried reformatting usb several times. Just not sure where I'm going wrong? Is there a user set-up setting or other pre-record procedure step that I must do? Is it somehow stuck in some kind of demo record mode cut off?

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions.

Reaction score
Yep that must of been it. The memory card I was using was a brand new highly rated USB stick I bought from Amazon.

When I went to an older beat up smaller USB stick that we had lying around in a drawer the recording kept going until I finished the song. So somehow the new fan dangled USB stick was not compatible.

Thanks for responding I really appreciate the help. I’ll post back of our running it anymore any more problems with this recording issue.

Ask a Question