DGX-660-> Import Midi?

Reaction score
I don't see anything in the manual about this, so maybe it can't be done.

Is it possible to import a midi file into one of the 5 user tracks?

Reaction score
It can be done, take a look at p86 in the manual. You should be able to load a SMF from there into the DGX.

If you have not connected an have a functioning USB flash drive you are best formatting one of the compatible flash drives in the DGX, the compatible list is available as a deperate download.

You may be able to load files via a computer connnection and Yamaha’s Musicsoft app, which I know exists but that is the limit of my knowledge on its functionality.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
You can load a MIDI song file, but you cannot import MIDI data into one of the User Song tracks.

Reaction score
I am chuckling here. Playing the drum part (and also same note for other instruments some), will be pretty much unable to be done for Bolero 68 BPM. The pattern changes more that just what is shown below.

1618712540103.png

Reaction score
I am chuckling here. Playing the drum part (and also same note for other instruments some), will be pretty much unable to be done for Bolero 68 BPM. The pattern changes more that just what is shown below.

View attachment 2257
I went to a classical concert where they played Bolero.

The percussionist was brought front and centre with his snare drum to play the pattern which he did with metronome perfection, no mean feat given the length of the piece.

For once the rhythm section got the glory.

Reaction score
I would enjoy experiencing that concert.

mean feat given the length of the piece

Hence my thoughts about the difficulty of playing that part from a keyboard. I think it would be impossible. Some of the quick beats are in a quantity of 9. A person couldn't count them playing that fast. Of course in some cases, fitting them into the beat may work, but given the shifting pattern, just not possible.

My next challenge was to add accompaniment. Probably not going to happen.

Ask a Question