Dgx650

Reaction score
1.Is it possible to tailor the MFDatabase, ie delete songs and replace with more relevant.
2. Is it possible to replace standard styles 001- 197 with user styles, or to delete some to make more space available for user styles.
3. Is it possible to play style files directly from USB stick?

Last edited:

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
(1) I don't see any information in the Owner's Manual which suggests that the Music Database can be modified or expanded by editing existing entries or adding new ones. I think you're limited to the built-in entries.

(2) There's no way to replace any of the built-in factory data such as styles 001 through 195 with your own data, or delete any of the factory data. That data is stored in ROM, so it doesn't take away from how much RAM you have available for saving your own data. You should be able to use the Musicsoft Downloader application to access the internal RAM storage memory if you wish, to move files in or out of the keyboard's RAM.

(3) However, the manual suggests that you should also be able to play style files directly from a USB flash drive, so there should be no reason to transfer style files directly into the keyboard's internal storage unless you want them to be available regardless of which USB flash drive you've got plugged in.

Reaction score
I'm not sure about internal memory of DGX650 but DGX670 has only 20mb.
Unlimited storage by Using a USB, dependant only on the size of the USB.

Ask a Question