DGX670 New Owners Review 2022.

Reaction score
DGX670 New Owners Review 2022.
I'm just into the 8thth week after my purchase of the DGX670.
I'm basically an arranger player but the DGX being initially piano based gives me the opportunity to learn piano when the need takes me.
This is the first weighted key-bed I have owned and after the first few weeks I find it very likeable. The weighted keys do feel and respond like a real piano to play,
The Voicing are all of a very high quality standard providing a good selection and includes the excellent Yamaha CFX Concert Grand Piano.
There are a wide range of styles Pop/Evergreen. Pop/Rock. Ballads. Dance/R&B.
Country/Blues. Jazz/Standards. Entertainment. Latin/World. Pianist. A number of other Yamaha styles can be loaded and played from USB (Although Not All),
Overall appearance is very attractive and the Piano is heavy so not really portable.
There is an optional dedicated stand which I preferred not to purchase.

Three very good playing options which are new to DGX (Not On Other Arrangers)
1. Playing In UNISON or ADDING ACCENT To Style Playback.
2. ADAPTIVE Automatically Shifting The Style Variation, Dependent on you playing pressure.
SIMPLE Button. A quick way to just have Bass & Drums...All other style parts are muted.

It's not all good news because the editing menu is a complete departure from the Yamaha norm and I do wonder what substance R&D were on when they designed the OS Menu.
I understand being a piano and the R&D wanting a clean appearance they have limited the number of button options.
Every small adjustment one feels is needed, you have to go through a number of button pushes in the Menu. Adjustments to styles have to be resaved in Registrations.
There is thankfully no limit to the number of Registration Banks one can save either in USER or USB.

Prices at present January 2022 is £799 which dare I suggest Yamaha have underpriced this DGX670 so it offers very good value.

Finally anyone wanting a Piano with Arrangement backing styles facilities I suggest you consider purchase of DGX670.

Reaction score
Graham

Pleased you are back playing and keeping the grey matter active getting to grips with your DGX and interesting to read your report.

If I was to go the 88 key route the DGX would be considered but I am no fan of the menu system they have on their Arrangers so there is a big doubt there for me. I downloaded the manual a few months ago and worked part way through it but still the doubt remains.

I would probably go with the Korg XE20 as the OS is similar to the Pa range, downside is the keybed which is not as good as that on the DGX but a price tag of £620 makes it far more desirable.

Reaction score
EDIT...There is thankfully no limit to the number of Registration Banks one can save either in USER or USB.

The USER Memory is small @ 20mb but USB is unlimited dependant on size of USB.

Ask a Question