DGX670-Speaker's volume low

Reaction score
Hi...i purchased a DGX670 and realised the speakers are so low...pushed the volume to the maximum and it's still low for such a big instrument. Anyone having the issue. At first i thought that was a configuration issue or hardwares but looks like not..anyone having the same issue. So we have no choice than amplifying the sound through the headphones/output jack ?

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score

Reaction score
hmm thx for this....so looks like there's really an isssue with the speakers of teh DGX670....and indeed the output to a mixer is complicated as per the thread you shared.....and if you get the wrong jack the sound will not be of good quality..thx again

Reaction score
The audio output/headphone Jack is not a very complicated problem.
It’s not really even a problem.
The DGX audio Jack is a standard TRS stereo jack.
Stereo means two channels of audio.
Speakers are typically mono devices, they can take only one channel of audio.

So you simply need a cable/adapter that splits the stereo coming from the DGX Jack into two mono channel wires with (TS) plugs or jacks. Each of those goes to one powered speaker.
This is a standard, super-common cable/adapter.
It looks like a Y with one 1/4” TRS plug at the base of the Y and two TS plugs or jacks each at the arms of the Y.

no mixer is required, but you can make use of one with this same adapter if you like to have more complexity.

Ad

Advertisements

Reaction score
I have the same low volume with my DGX-670. I bought a Roland CM-30 and plugged it into the headphone jack and it is plenty loud. I do wish that the 670 was louder on it's own though.

Ask a Question