Differences between Yamaha keyboards?

Reaction score
Hi

I'm very new to all of this, but sine one of my friends bought a keyboard, I've been looking for one myself. As you can hear I am a beginner, but I want something good and advanced, so that it will last for the next many years :eek:)

I'm primarly looking at Yamaha's and I don't mind buying second hand keyboards. But I need some help from you guys to evaluate the offers :eek:)

All are second-hand because I think that's how I get the best keyboard for the lowest price. So which one(s) would you recommend? Any replay, recommendation, experience or information will be appreciated :eek:)

PSR-740 for $360.
PSR-1000 for $510.
PSR-1100 for $640.
PSR-2000 for $640.
PSR-8000 for $580.
DGX-305 for $730.

Is the larger number in PSR-xxx always better?

Should I consider the DGX-series? What's the main difference?

Thanks a lot!

Reaction score
Hi

I'm very new to all of this, but sine one of my friends bought a keyboard, I've been looking for one myself. As you can hear I am a beginner, but I want something good and advanced, so that it will last for the next many years :eek:)

I'm primarly looking at Yamaha's and I don't mind buying second hand keyboards. But I need some help from you guys to evaluate the offers :eek:)

All are second-hand because I think that's how I get the best keyboard for the lowest price. So which one(s) would you recommend? Any replay, recommendation, experience or information will be appreciated :eek:)

PSR-740 for $360.
PSR-1000 for $510.
PSR-1100 for $640.
PSR-2000 for $640.
PSR-8000 for $580.
DGX-305 for $730.

Is the larger number in PSR-xxx always better?

Should I consider the DGX-series? What's the main difference?

Thanks a lot!

Any particular reason you are staying with Yamaha?

The PSR series is a great range of keyboard. Generally speaking a larger number isn't "better" it's "more features". In other words you get more sounds, styles, etc. If your focus is on practicing piano, then it doesn't matter unless you go for one that is weighted (which I don't think any PSR's are(?). The DGX 230 and the DGX 630 are also great keyboards at a budget.

In short, to answer your question, what's your goal? to play in a pop band, compose classical music at home, become a pianist, etc.?

Different boards for different purposes.

Ask a Question