Different tones??????

Reaction score
How is everyone on this snowy afternoon? From Michigan! I have learned alot and I mean alot from this fornum and thanks for the info! Ok here goes. I play a Casio WK-3700. I play once a week at retirement homes a nursing hormes. I play alot of Doo Whop-Country-Swing etc. I would like to know of how I can set my keys to get a better guitar sound and whatever you guys have to share. I use the steel-12 string and acct. mostly for my country and for the R & R alot of sax and horns. Anything you guys can suggest for the auto accomp. to give me different sounds and neat things. Thanks guys I wish I was younger (62) maybe I would understand this stuff more so I wouldn't have to ask. LOL Also the WK-7500 would be nice. I play through a Peavy V60 and dig-e-tec for vocals! Thanks ladies and guys! have a great day!:D:D:D;););)

Reaction score
Bad question I guess!:(:(:(

No not a bad question, sounds are very much a personal thing and taste. The only thing you can do, if the model keyboard let you, is tweaking the sounds to your taste and save them in memory banks. But I am not familiar with your model.
Yes the WK7500 is a very nice keyboard for its price but has, as they all have, pro's and cons.
Coming from many years of Yamaha and still have them, I find the OS of the Casio a complete different thing and complicated to learn. (I am by 7 years you senior) Yes there was a time things went easier into the grey cells but I have forgotten when that was :D
Just have fun with the music!

Reaction score
Thanks Dick for the note!-

You are right it is totally a personal thing but I was just wondering some of the settings other folks are using and maybe i would also like them! LOL Thanks again for the responce!:)

The Y_man

Reaction score
You are right it is totally a personal thing but I was just wondering some of the settings other folks are using and maybe i would also like them! LOL Thanks again for the responce!:)

Do you mean the actual tone (voice of instrument) or the backing?

Have you been to the download site for the 3700?

The Y-man

Reaction score
Ya the tweaking of the sound! I just find it very interesting when folks take there instrument and try to come up with different or tweaked tones. Like a steel guitar and maybe a lead guitar in country and sound tweaked 50's and sixty rock backings. I have downloaded I think everything from Casio that I can even some WK 3500 stuff That sounds Ok but some of the stuff doesn't quite work on the 3700. I just thought maybe we could share sme tweaked things we do. I wish I knew how to use the snys. more to do some of these things. But just don't understand what some of those things do. That is why I come to this site EVERY DAY. Well thanks guys! I tried using the midi tto download different tone from like Yamaha etc. But just can't figure out how to get that stuff to my board. :eek:

Reaction score
I tried using the midi tto download different tone from like Yamaha etc. But just can't figure out how to get that stuff to my board. :eek:[/QUOTE]

If you mean that you are trying to download voices and styles from Yamaha into a Casio???? Forget it, as far as I know that doesn't work. A good working and simple covertprogram doesn't excist (yes for many $) and It is what I am looking for as well.

Yes you can tweak them as a midi but I haven't been very succesful with it sofar.

Reaction score
tHANKS vICTOR GOING TO TRY IT NOW! tHAT IS WHAT i WAS HOPING THAT THE cASIO PLAYERS HERE COULD SHARE SOME OF THEIR TONES AND WHAT PARAMETERS THEY USED TO GET IT! aLSO i OTHER QUICK QUESTION! i THINK MY ADAPTER HAS GONE BAD! iT WAS LIKE 5 YEARS OLD! fROM RADIO sHACK! i USE BATTERIES NOW BUT i PRACTICE AT LEAST TWO HOURS A DAY PLUS ONCE A WEEK SHOWS. iS THERE ANY WAY i CAN TEST THE ADAPTER. iF i BUY ONE FROM RADIO sHACK AND THAT ISN'T THE PROBLEM THEY WON'T LET ME RETURN IT!:( :):):):)

Reaction score
You need a voltmeter to check your adapter. Here is another tone: a sampled Roland Guitar http://www.box.com/s/2vq225l1xajke0vztcks . It has default parameters, I usually just turn off DSP, and lower the reverb to 10-20.
163100_lg.jpg

Ask a Question