Digital piano with midi in and midi out that's under 30 pounds?

Reaction score
I currently really want to get the yamaha p115/45 but I need midi in and midi out terminals, unfortunately most of the modern keyboards only have usb to host.

anyone know of any older models that have midi in and midi out and are under 30 pounds (fully weighted 88 keys)?

-albert

Reaction score
Welcome, new(ish) but still manufactured and on the manufacturers websites listed below.

Kawai ES110

26 1/2 lbs.

Korg D1 but spec says 35 lbs including stand

A brand new model, Studiologic X Piano slightly over at 30.9 lbs

All above have 5 pin DIN style MIDI in and out sockets.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I currently really want to get the yamaha p115/45 but I need midi in and midi out terminals, unfortunately most of the modern keyboards only have usb to host.

anyone know of any older models that have midi in and midi out and are under 30 pounds (fully weighted 88 keys)?

-albert
There are lots of them, older and even some that are current. I believe these all meet your spec:

Casio: PX-100, PX-110, PX-120, PX-300, PX-310, PX-320, PX-500L, PX-330, PX-350, PX-360, PX-560, CDP-100
Kawai: ES100, ES110
Kurzweil: KA90
Roland: RD88
Yamaha: P85, P95, P35

Those all have speakers, like the models you mentioned. There are more possibilities if you don't need built-in speakers.

Reaction score
correction to above post (too late to edit)... RD88 and KA90 have 5-pin MIDI Out, but not 5-pin MIDI In (only USB for that).

Reaction score

-albert
I'm wondering Therewhy you wouldn't want to switch to USB?Cables and adapters are widely available. . .

Reaction score
I'm wondering Therewhy you wouldn't want to switch to USB?Cables and adapters are widely available. . .
In most cases, USB will not allow you to directly connect one keyboard to another (or a keyboard to a module, whatever), you need a host device in between, typically a computer of some sort. So 5-pin connectors are generally preferable for gigging or other situations where you may not have a computer as part of the rig. Standard 5-pin MIDI connections can also be run for longer distances, and are less susceptible to noise. There are standalone host devices that can adapt a USB keyboard to give it 5-pin connections, but if you can, it's better to just get the right thing in the first place, rather than adapt the wrong thing. The adapter becomes something else you need to take the time to wire up at a gig, something else you need to run power to, something else that can be a potential source of failure.

Ask a Question