Display only half there

Reaction score
I have a DGX-620 YPG-625, and suddenly the display in the square at the center only shows the left hand side. Any ideas how to get the entire display to show again? Thanks.

Reaction score
I have a DGX-620 YPG-625, and suddenly the display in the square at the center only shows the left hand side. Any ideas how to get the entire display to show again? Thanks.
I just went in and tried it to no avail. So strange...but thanks for the possibility!

Reaction score
I own a GEM Equinox and the right half of the display will usually not display when powered up. I then shut down the keyboard and restart it. 100% of the time it comes up on the subsequent powerup. This has been going on for 10 years. It happens 8 out of 10 times that I initially power up the keyboard. I own another Equinox and it has never done it. So powerup the keyboard, and after it boots up, shut it off, then try a restart and see what happens.

Reaction score
Thank you Dave. I have tried twice, and still only the left half of the display shows. Thanks so much for trying to help. I'll keep trying unplugging and plugging back in which is, I assume, what you mean.

Reaction score
I am afraid your display has died. If your keyboard has a 'video out' you can try to connect a monitor to it and see if that shows the full screen so you know it is the display or the electronics feeding it. If it is the display this way you can use a little monitor or dvdplayer instead.

Reaction score
Thank you Dave. I have tried twice, and still only the left half of the display shows. Thanks so much for trying to help. I'll keep trying unplugging and plugging back in which is, I assume, what you mean.

No, what I actually meant was to plug it in, turn the power switch on, once the keyboard boots up, turn the power switch off (leaving it plugged in), wait one second, then turn the power switch back on.

If you have no luck, contact Yamaha customer service and see if they still stock display replacements. If so, you, or a qualified technician, could replace the display.

https://www.yamaha24x7.com/YamahaOMS/BasePages/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/yamahaoms/default.aspx

Reaction score
I am afraid your display has died. If your keyboard has a 'video out' you can try to connect a monitor to it and see if that shows the full screen so you know it is the display or the electronics feeding it. If it is the display this way you can use a little monitor or dvdplayer instead.
Much as I don't like the diagnosis, I rather think you are correct. Since I generally use the keyboard sans effects, I'll just hope it keeps plugging along...not sure I could do the dvd procedure. Many thanks for taking the time to asses the situation, Dave.
No, what I actually meant was to plug it in, turn the power switch on, once the keyboard boots up, turn the power switch off (leaving it plugged in), wait one second, then turn the power switch back on.

If you have no luck, contact Yamaha customer service and see if they still stock display replacements. If so, you, or a qualified technician, could replace the display.

https://www.yamaha24x7.com/YamahaOMS/BasePages/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=/yamahaoms/default.aspx

Thanks for the explanation, and I had turned it off and on repeatedly, with or without unplugging, so I guess it customer service or just continue to use the keyboard which is what I generally do. I appreciate your input.

Ask a Question