Do not want to use Cubase

Reaction score
I have used Cakewalk Pro 9 for years and bought the Yamaha MM6 but from what I see with Cubase Al 6 all that crap about registering and activation leaves me extremely anti Steinberg!
Can I use my familiar Cakewalk?

Reaction score
You can use pretty much anything you want. I have an MM6, and use Anvil Studio and Multitrack Studio Pro. The only reason Yamaha ships Cubase (LE) with their keyboards is that they own a stake in Steinberg's company (like Roland does w/Cakewalk).

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
In response to the private message you sent to me by mistake instead of following up in this thread.

midigal >>> all you should have to do to be able to use the MM6 with cakewalk is to add the MM6 in the options/midi devices menu and configure it to use a Motif INS file to configure the instruments.

You must have done something similar when you originally composed with cakewalk with your old keyboard setup.

As for the MM6 requiring drivers or not, I can't say if it's class compliant or not. Easiest scenario, you plug the USB cable into your computer and Windows detects it and installs the drivers automatically. Worst case scenario you have to use Yamaha proprietary drivers to recognize the keyboard.

Either way, you don't need to use the MIDI ports at all. All modern keyboards are capable of sending and receiving MIDI signals thru the USB port alone.

Reaction score
I have used Cakewalk Pro 9 for years and bought the Yamaha MM6 but from what I see with Cubase Al 6 all that crap about registering and activation leaves me extremely anti Steinberg!
Can I use my familiar Cakewalk?
Do I delete the above question now? This use site is NOT easy for newbies to learn how to use it.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
No need to delete anything. Best to leave the postings up and public so that other people with the same problem can google it.

And you're very welcome, ;)

Gary

Reaction score
This use site is NOT easy for newbies to learn how to use it.

Sorry to hear you have been having problems with using the site, Midigal. If you click on your name at the top right-hand side of the page, you can alter your preferences so that you receive an email when someone replies to your topic - hope this helps!

Ask a Question