does psr e243 have an option to play an external style?

Reaction score
Hi everyone I would like to know if i can pass a musical style from my pc to the psr e243 using the usb to host, and 'musicsoft' software? and if not what other yamaha inexpensive keyboard can (because i'm looking for as low budget as possible thank you, but i want this feature in order to have more freedom musiclly.) Thanks in advance. :)

Reaction score
Hi everyone I would like to know if i can pass a musical style from my pc to the psr e243 using the usb to host, and 'musicsoft' software? and if not what other yamaha inexpensive keyboard can (because i'm looking for as low budget as possible thank you, but i want this feature in order to have more freedom musiclly.) Thanks in advance. :)

Hej Obi 1 macaroni,

I think there is a possibility for that what you want.

First you have to download a special manual called: Computer-related operations;

you'll find it here: http://download.yamaha.com/search/p...maha.com&category_id=16084&product_id=1789582

Read this very attentively; especially page 11. Perhaps you need the Yamaha software:
Musicsoft Downloader. You find how to download this in the manual too.

Good luck!

Reaction score
I can't help you with your question unfortunately, but just wanted to say welcome to the forum! :)
Hej Obi 1 macaroni,
I think there is a possibility for that what you want.
First you have to download a special manual called: Computer-related operations;
you'll find it here: http://download.yamaha.com/search/p...maha.com&category_id=16084&product_id=1789582
Read this very attentively; especially page 11. Perhaps you need the Yamaha software:
Musicsoft Downloader. You find how to download this in the manual too.
Good luck!
first thanks a lot for the fast reply and thanks to Becky for the warm welcome,
thanks goldi5210 i read the pdf, maybe u can help me understand,
there's a pdf called 'Computer-related Operations' this is the 1 i read (and also the manual)
it seems that the 'Computer-related Operations' one is general for all psr's and not specifically the e243 because it talks about transfering a style file to the keyboard but then in the bottom if u'll look u'll c it lists the models that can bring in external style and there is no V on e243 the only one with lowest price that is marked down there with a V as possible to bring in external styles is the e343, and then when i read the e343 manual its the only one (this one and above it) that says in the manual u can import an external style file, while the e333 and lower don't have that option in their manual (even though they all have the 'Computer-related Operations' which says how to transfer a style file but its the same pdf for all the psr's so i guess its a general pdf and not specific for each model, unlike each model's manual), so correct me if i'm wrong, i guess the lowest price with ability to import external style is e343?... thanks again!
----------------------------------------
actually I rechecked and e313 is the lowest one with possibility to import external style files... i think, correct me if i'm wrong, thanks in advance. :)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
actually I rechecked and e313 is the lowest one with possibility to import external style files... i think, correct me if i'm wrong, thanks in advance. :)

That's correct, the PSR-E203 through the PSR-E303 don't have the ability to load external Style files.

The PSR-E313 through the PSR-E423 (including the PSR-I425) can load one external Style file.

The PSR-E433 through the PSR-E443 (including the PSR-I455) can load five external Style files.

Ask a Question