Don't Take My Beer

Reaction score
Here's my latest. Huge credit to Happyrat1 for acting as a Mixing/Mastering consultant! He made the final product sound way better than I ever could have on my own. He is an invaluable asset!

Anyway - here it is for free, it will be available on Spotify, iTunes and the rest this Wednesday. For those interested I used: Studio One 6 Artist, RealStrat Elite, SSD 5, AMWurli64, MODO Bass2, Saxophia, TONEX Mesa Boogie, and Pulsar EchoRec, and a Shure 58 Beta A. Oh, and "Gary's Secret Sauce" :)

Thanks - Jim

https://soundcloud.com/jim-earley%2Fdont-take-my-beer

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
MUCH, MUCH better. It worked for Stan Ridgeway and it did wonders for your vocals.

Now let's talk about panning.

I think you have every channel set to center balance. That destroys the perspective illusion of instrument placement on the bandstand.
You know what they always say, "Perfection is an elusive bitch that never seems to satisfy" :D :D :D

Reaction score
Thanks again for your help Happyrat1 - I learned a lot, and I'm getting a hardware vocal processor, and now that I'm aware of stereo imaging I'll be following that path too. When I get towards the end of my next tune in about a week, I hope to run it past you for consultation.

Here is the finished version of Don't Take My Beer, with a video I made this morning -

For those of you so inclined here is a link to my website -

Thanks - Jim

Ask a Question