download sounds/voices?

Reaction score
Total newbie here,

Is there a way to download sounds ("voices") to my Yamaha DGX-650 keyboard? I imagine there might be a web database or two where I can download (free or paid?) sounds to my macbook, and then upload those to my keyboard? If so, do I need to download any special software first? If you could break it down for me as you would for your grandmother, I'd be very grateful!
Thanks!

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
The DGX/YPG models, as well as the PSR-E/YPT models, do not have expansion memory for loading new voice samples, so you cannot load new voices per se.

However, there are basically two kinds of voice files for Yamaha keyboards-- those that contain voice samples and voice settings, and those that contain voice settings but no voice samples. In theory, your DGX-650 has the ability to use voice files that contain voice settings but no voice samples, although there are restrictions and special requirements.

On the other hand, if you connect your DGX-650 to a computer then you can use it as a keyboard controller to play soft synths and other virtual instruments. I do this all the time with my PSR-E/YPT models.

Ask a Question