Downloading sounds on Artist 7

Reaction score
I need to learn how to obtain or create and install more sound options for my Kurzweil Artist 7.
I have the manual, but it is no help. Where can I find different sounds that I can download to keyboard?
I am really interested in pedal steel guitar sound.
Thank you in advance if you can help. I feel useless/helpless in this regard.

Reaction score
you can load other artis 7 programs and presets from ofher artist 7 users. I believe that you can also load programs from the Kurz PC3 series and with some tweaking you can get them to work. What you can't do is load new sound samples. The Artis 7 is not a sampler with a block of memory that you can add new samples into. As as example if the Artis didnt have a harpsichord and you wanted to load a harpsicord sample into the Artis, that's a no can do. You have to work with the samples that already exist in the Artis. you can exchange programs with other artis users by importing them into your artis. check site like ksetlist.com. and https://forums.godlike.com.au/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you Dave. Good to know although disappointing. I was hoping to find a pedal steel guitar sample for starters.

Reaction score
Thank you Dave. Good to know although disappointing. I was hoping to find a pedal steel guitar sample for starters.
check those sites, its possible someone may have created a pedal steel program by using an existing sample and tweaking it to sound like a pedal steel. i remember when i had my ensoniq keyboard someone created a very realistic vibraslap using a different sample with the rotary speaker and truth be told it is still probably the best vibraslap that i have heard from a keyboard. its a stringed instrument so it wouldnt surprise me that a program has been created using some string type sample that exists in the keyboard. it's all about imagination, some people have it........

Ask a Question