Dreaming of connecting USB keyboard to Proteus sound module

Reaction score
Can I connect my Casio CDP 200 (it has no MIDI in-outs — just USB port) to E-mu Proteus 2000 sound module through MIDI-USB adapter (Audiotrak MIDI Mate), so that can I use the keyboard as a MIDI controller, and play sounds of the Proteus? Any help appreciated.

Reaction score
See many people looked up here that is the topic seems to be interesting for them. So, thank you for your attention, guys.
Finally, I found out a solution: connect your USB keyboard and MIDI sound module to computer, then use a MIDI router, like MIDI-OX or MusicLab MIDI Connection Center, and choose the keyboard for Input, and the module (in my case it displays as “MIDI Mate”) for Output.
If you want to connect them without computer, you’ll need a special hardware such as Kenton MIDI USB Host or iConnectMIDI which cost USD 150-200.

Reaction score
Sandro,

I have my Casio wk7500 (only USB-B and NO midi in/out) connected to my laptop with a simple usb printer cable and can use all the software I have, play forward and backward, listen to midi's on the laptop, record on the computer etc.

BTW if midi in/out is available only on an older keyboard and NO USB-B a midi to usb cable (around 5 US$ on Ebay) does the job. No expensive interfaces are needed.
You only might need the correct drivers to load but in my case Windows XP did it plug and play. No problem.

Reaction score
Thank you, DickR, for your response. You’re absolutely right. It’s a common way of connecting a USB keyboard to computer.
But I just wanted to use sounds of a hardware MIDI sound module and to link it with my Casio avoiding computer. As it turned out, such connection requires an additional and quite expensive hardware — common USB-MIDI adapter won’t work here.
Alternatively you can link your USB keyboard and MIDI device through computer using a USB-MIDI adapter and MIDI-OX or any similar software.

Reaction score
check this out not only will it connect anything, when i sent them a tech question to see if it would they sent me a reply within 5 hours on a weekend!!! WOW talk about support below is the communication...

my e-mail
Hello I have been looking for what your Iconnect is I think?
> I am trying to use my Yamaha DX620 keys to play my Casio WK7500 they are both
> USB midi,, I can with computer but need it out of the loop for live play!
> Is this what your product will do for me?
> Thank you for your time

the response!!!!
Yes, after you update firmware to latest 1.1.0 version, this will work for you, without a computer. Version 1.1.0 adds Yamaha support.
The new firmware and instructions on how to upgrade can be found on our website in downloads section.
Sent from my iPad. Play music with your iPad, iPhone or iPod and your digital piano - check out www.iConnectivity.com.

pretty cool!!!!!!

Ask a Question