Drivers for Roland Boutique Not Working

Reaction score
Hello, I have just bought a Roland Boutique JP-08 and a JX-03. I have downloaded the drivers to use them on my mac within Logic X but neither one shows up anywhere on my mac. I have tried un-installing and re-installing many times and still nothing, this is getting really frustrating as I have never had this problem with any other brands and their drivers.

Am I doing something obviously wrong? Any help would be much appreciated.

Craig

Reaction score
Craig

Have you verified that the drivers you downloaded are the correct ones for your version of MAC/OS? There are different ones for MAC/OS 10.11 vs. MAC/OS 10.12 (El Capitan vs. Sierra). The number one problem that kept coming back in Google and Bing search results on this was bad USB cables. I took it that some of the bad ones were brand new right off the shelf. Apparently there might be an issue with certain brands of the A-to-MicroB USB cables.

I checked the Roland Clan Forums, but there has not been much activity there yet on the botique products, so your next best bet is probably to register with Roland "Backstage" Support, if you are not already registered, and send an email to their tech support staff. I have used this quite often in the past few years, and they have always been back to me within 24 hours, but you have to be very specific about your set up - OS version, software versions, etc.

https://www.rolandus.com/backstage/login/

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks Ted,

I will contact Roland on Monday and let you know the outcome, I think you may be right with the lead being the fault.

Craig

Ask a Question