Drummer looking at keyboards. Crash course so I don't screw up needed

Reaction score
I primarily drum. I want to add more sounds to compositions with my band. I need something I can program and let fly while I play the drums. I need a variety of instruments, and would love to have chorus sounds, also. I have been looking at Roland units. The Juno series seems to fit my price range.
Do I need this Juno G workstation for want I want?
or
Can I get away with saving some cash and getting the Juno D synthesizer?

Reaction score
I also looked at some Korg models. Roland is prominent in drumming. Are they as good with keyboards?

Reaction score
I went with a Yamaha PSRE313 to get me started. After I learn how to play, I'll go to guitar center and play with the toys before I buy a workstation.

Reaction score
I also looked at some Korg models. Roland is prominent in drumming. Are they as good with keyboards?

Roland and Yamaha are some of the absolutely best keyboards on the market. They have made a name for themselves time and time again and I will never bash or put out negative comments on those companies or their talent in keyboard research, structure and quality.

Having said that, the ONLY reason I didn't buy them was the drums. I found Korg to have some of the best drum sounds. I have actually had people come up to us after a show and ask who the drummer was that actually sat down and recorded all of our songs for us.

I'm a strong advocate, however, of choosing what fits ones musical wants and needs. If you found the Roland to sound good to you, then that is probably the best board for your needs. I'm only posting to help you go out and try some other boards. As much as I rave about Korg, Roland and Yamaha (especially Korg), there are many other manufacturers of keyboards that might surpise you and you might find one at a better price than you hoped for!!

Ask a Question