Drums

Reaction score
I have changed volume on drums generally. I wondered when using One Touch Settings, is it possible to alter volume say ots 3 and ots 4 as an individual set. When listening to a few styles, I think 3&4 tend to have the same volume when used.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
If you mean can the volume be set differently in OTS 3 and OTS 4, the answer is yes. If you're interested in editing OTS parameters you might want to check out Jørgen Sørensen's utilities:

He has a few utilities which are specifically focused on editing OTS parameters:

Reaction score
Are you talking about your Korg PA 1000?

If this is the case then the Keyboard Sets will change with the Style, hence the volumes will change to whatever they are set to within the Style parameters.

Best way with a Pa is to save your Style to a Song Book entry then after making all the changes you want ie FX, keyboard sets, Fills, Pads etc is to go to the Volume Tab and make the changes you desire.

I am not near my Pa at the moment but if you look in the Manual then you may be able to reassign the two assignable knobs to operate as Volume controls.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
D'oh! If this post is in the Korg forum, he must not mean a Yamaha keyboard, right? Not sure why I thought that Yamaha is the only manufacturer that uses "OTS" on their keyboards.

Reaction score
Hi SeaGtGruff and Col, thanks for the info which I thought I had put into wrong section. I had looked at a few options but did not try in my songbook so I will keep it simple and do songbook first. Happy New Year and may all your tipples be small ones. Dave

Reaction score
Factory Styles are protected by default hence if you want to modify them you have to turn protection off before you can make adjustments to them.

The problem with doing this is if and when you update the Op System then there is the possibility that the Factory Styles will be reset, I am not 100% sure that this will or will not happen.

The alternative is to copy and paste the Styles you want to adjust into the User Bank then make adjustments and save.

The beauty of using Songbook is that the User Banks are not filled, and once saved to Songbook with the adjustments made then you are ready to play once you select the Song.

Additionally if your Songbook entries that you make are saved to the Direct folder they are keep internal memory free and will not be affected should you update the Op System and forget to produce a Save All file before you update.

Reaction score
Are you navigating to the correct control screen for the Drums?

With the Style you want to use live press the Track Select button, this ill give you the screen with the virtual volume sliders.

Additionally

Try pressing the Style to Keyboard Set button until the light on the switch is off.

Your keyboard set should then stay the same irrespective of Style selected.

BTW
Totally unrelated but if you press the Style To Keyboard Set button until it flashes this links the 4 keyboard sets to the variations such that press for the var you want and the system will move to the next keyboard set without you having to press one of the keyboard set buttons.

Last edited:

Ask a Question