E373/ew310 Sync Start question

Reaction score
Hello everyone, as a new user I have a question for which I haven't found a response in the users manual. When use Styles without accompaniment. is there a way to make the rythm not to start with the first notes of the melody, but with the first note on the left hand? All is good when I use the automatic accompaniment, but some times I don't want to use it, only the style plus melody and my own left hand accompaniment. I am afraid I am not able to explain it better but if anyone could help me it will be very appreciated.

Reaction score
I played the Yamaha E453 and here you could mute the drums etc by pushing one of the knobs under the display. I don't think the E373 has this possibility.
I took a look at a picture of your keyboard and there are no knobs to mute certain tracks. I think the E4 series first introduced this feature.
I'm not really sure. Nothing about it in the User Manual?

Reaction score
I don't want to mute the drums or any style effect, I just don't want to have the Accompaniment (automatic chords, etc). That one is easy, just don't press Accomp. button, but then the Style starts playing as soon as I play the first melody note with my rigt hand and I don't know why. What I want to get is the Style sounds starting when I play the first note or chord with my left hand (Same as it would do if I had "Accomp" on)...

Reaction score
There is nothing about this on the settings or functions Vonny, thanks for trying to help; I knew explaining what I wanted was going to be difficult but if someone else knows if that is possible please let me know.

Reaction score
I had a look in the manual online and I think SeaGtGruff is right. I couldn't find any option for what you want. Not on the E373. I'm sorry!

Reaction score
What you want is not difficult but it does involve buying a new and better keyboard.

Do remember that the E series are beginner boards and that the E3xx is the enticing model for a newbie simply because of its price, whereas the E4xx is a much better keyboard.

If you want a keyboard you can grow into as your ability improves then look at spending a lot more cash on acYamaha SX700 or better still a Korg Pa700.

Ask a Question