"Easy" Cover - Faith No More Version - Audience Video

Reaction score
Very happy to be back gigging again. This was from last Saturday night. For this song I had to split my Krome into three zones and pitch shift two of them to fit everything into 61 keys. It must be said playing a song in Ab Major on the Krome 61 is not a picnic either! Great fun though.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Am I missing something here?

Is Covid over and done with in Australia already?

No masks? No social distancing?

I'n happy you're working again but nowhere near enough vaccine has been distributed anywhere to grant herd immunity to anyone...

Gary ;)

Reaction score
Is Covid over and done with in Australia already?
Hey Gary,

It's not exactly "over and done with" but there has been a general loosening of restrictions over time. The whole country went into a mega-hard lockdown when COVID first started and this combined with our natural isolation being on a big island has meant that there's very little of it around.

In South Australia where I live a total of 617 cases have been recorded since the outbreak started. Currently there are three active cases in the state. These still bob up from time to time as a result of interstate and international travel and are managed with quarantine restrictions. As you quite rightly say there is certainly no "herd immunity" here as our governments took (and continue to take) the opposite approach.

There are still capacity limits on venues (for example you will have noticed all the numbered tables) but things are gradually returning to the world we used to know.

The Australian government has committed to having the entire population vaccinated by October.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
In South Australia where I live a total of 617 cases have been recorded since the outbreak started.
In Melbourne (where I live) we had many more than that last year. They locked us up for many months.
But now we have no cases and somewhat free from lock up! However, we still have restrictions as we are living on a knife edge worried there will be another outbreak.
Paul summarized the situation in Australia spot on! We are quite lucky living on an isolated island.
26 million of us . . compared to 100+ millions in Europe and the Americas

Glad you are touring again Paul.
Thanks for the video link to "Easy" . . enjoyed it!
Ray

Reaction score
They locked us up for many months.
Yeah you guys did it crazy tough. I was thinking of you Ray! You should know that the rest of Australia admires you Victorians for the way you dealt with your extended restriction period and we're all pleased you seem to be out the other side of it for good.

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
Here in Ontario they are judging exactly how tightly to turn the screws on us based on the daily numbers of hospital beds occupied.

So far as the vaccine goes, plenty of promises but precious few results. :p

Thank god pot is legal. It makes house arrest far more bearable :p :D :D :D

Meanwhile the economy and the stock markets seem to agree to disagree :eek:

Gary ;)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
So far as the vaccine goes, plenty of promises but precious few results. :p

My sister-in-law is too young to get it yet, but qualified and got it because she's a front-line worker.

My older brother technically isn't old enough, either, but qualified because he's apparently also considered to be a front-line worker of sorts.

I checked my eligibility, and it looks like my age group can get it sometime during the summer.

Reaction score
Great that you are back on stage and performing again.

I see my relatives in Perth and those in Sydney and in Queensland having more or less normal lives.

Meanwhile here in the UK or daily confirmed cases for Tuesday was nearly 6,400 so just to reiterate this is on the one day. The plus side is our vaccination programme and the downward trend of new cases. 65 million of us on one small group of islands does not bode well trying to contain the virus especially with so many of our younger Brits being brain dead.

Rayblewit

Love Music / Love Life
Reaction score
We Aussies are getting jabs in order of priority too.
The front line workers and elderly are almost done . . first Jab. Second jab in two weeks time.

Over 70's start next week.
I am 69 (wife 68) . . our turn will be after that and could be around May June ??

Anyway now we have a new Russian variant to add to the woes of UK and African varients. Will it ever end?

Reaction score
Hey Gary,

It's not exactly "over and done with" but there has been a general loosening of restrictions over time. The whole country went into a mega-hard lockdown when COVID first started and this combined with our natural isolation being on a big island has meant that there's very little of it around.

In South Australia where I live a total of 617 cases have been recorded since the outbreak started. Currently there are three active cases in the state. These still bob up from time to time as a result of interstate and international travel and are managed with quarantine restrictions. As you quite rightly say there is certainly no "herd immunity" here as our governments took (and continue to take) the opposite approach.

There are still capacity limits on venues (for example you will have noticed all the numbered tables) but things are gradually returning to the world we used to know.

The Australian government has committed to having the entire population vaccinated by October.
If those idiots in NSW hadn't stuffed things up with the cruise ship debacle, we might never had to go into lock down - there are some dumb Aussie's :)

happyrat1

Destroyer of Eardrums!!!
Reaction score
If those idiots in NSW hadn't stuffed things up with the cruise ship debacle, we might never had to go into lock down - there are some dumb Aussie's :)

There's a reason the Book and Film of the same name, "On The Beach" featured Australia as the last part of the planet to perish after a nuclear war. If you enjoy Cold War Sci Fi and haven't read it yet, I strongly suggest you read it. The film definitely brought a tear to my 10 year old eyes. :(

(Note: The unauthorized sequel of the book, Mad Max :p doesn't hold up nearly as well. :p )

Gary ;)

Ask a Question