Edirol PCR-800 Midi channel change

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I have a Edirol PCR-800 and I've trying to find a way to change the midi transmit channel by way of the A1-B9 pads instead of the value knob. I've looked through the manual and searched online but still have not found a solution. If anyone knows a way to achieve this any info would be greatly appreciated.

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the manual yet, but I'm wondering what you're trying to achieve. It sounds like maybe you're trying to program the pads so they can let you quickly switch MIDI channels during a performance so you can control different sound modules depending on which channel you've selected, or something like that. Is that right? Having a clear understanding of what you're trying to achieve might better help us come up with helpful suggestions.

Reaction score
I haven't looked at the manual yet, but I'm wondering what you're trying to achieve. It sounds like maybe you're trying to program the pads so they can let you quickly switch MIDI channels during a performance so you can control different sound modules depending on which channel you've selected, or something like that. Is that right? Having a clear understanding of what you're trying to achieve might better help us come up with helpful suggestions.
Thanks for your reply, Yes that's exactly what I'm trying to achive, to quickly switch midi transmit channels using the pads to control modules that are set to specific midi channels. So far the only thing I've found is that you can switch between 2 channels using the upper and lower mode buttons. each of those can be set to a specific channel. Unfortunately I need to access at least 4 different channels, sometimes 5. Using the Value knob to change the channels won't work because at times I have to jump directly from channel 1 to channel 4 or 5 for example. I'm still searching but if anyone has any ideas or suggestions on how to achieve this I would really like to know. Thanks :)

SeaGtGruff

I meant to play that note!
Reaction score
Okay, now that I know what you want to do, it will be easier to look for something in the manual. I'm not familiar with the Edirol, but on M-Audio controllers you can save different setups for easy recall, and in each setup you can program which channels you want to use for the split and layered zones. I should think that the Edirol ought to have something similar to that.

Reaction score
Edirol PCR-300 / PCR-500 / PCR-800 cannot do this.
If you press the <UPPER> button on the Roland A-300PRO / A-500PRO / A-800PRO, the keys will send on MIDI channel 1. The <SPLIT>, <DUAL> and <LOWER> keys can be programmed to any MIDI channel you like. This allows you to quickly switch between 4 MIDI channels.

Ask a Question