eithies prog rock what kind of synth?/workstation

Reaction score
Hi all,

Iam still doubt about what I shall buy. I have a korg SP250 with a good piano sound.
I want to play eighties symfo prog like genesis and Marillion.
Iam not a pro, it is just hobby. I want good stuff.

What shall I buy a juno 60 or a kurweill k2000-2500 or something else. I read all kinds of forums and watch you tube but can't decide what suits best. I don't want to use much computer stuff.

Thanks again!!
Asha

Reaction score
Good suggestions from the Y-man.

Juno 60 is old and very collectable - I'd say avoid it. Kurzweil would be ok if you've used one already and you get one from someone who isn't being silly about the second hand price (it was expensive when it was launched). You say you don't want to tinker about with computers. Kurzweil aren't known for their user friendliness - there's footering involved to get it set up. On the plus side you should be able to source the sound you want for it.

What's your budget?

I like the sound of the OP-X VST. You can check out the online demo.

If Thomann have any V-Machine's left at the discount price, the OP-X VST it'll run would be ideal for your needs. Stick it on top of your SP250. It'll run from anything with a midi out (including your SP250) - even an old home keyboard you could pick up for pocket money prices. Maybe you have one lying around.

Ask a Question